Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to ditch the all motor a6 idea in my crx and go with boost, I saw this manifold when I was looking around. It has a decent price tag on it so I have a few questions before I order it.

1. Will this manifold clear on my crx? (I have a half sized rad and no a/c, like hood and bulkhead is what I mean)

2. Is this better than the cast log style top mount?

3. Any input on this that I'd need to know?

Link: Cxracing Honda Civic EK EG D15 D16 D Series T3 T4 Top Mount Turbo Manifold | eBay

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I think you would probally have to go with a half radiator, and you may have issues with putting an air filter on the turbo. things get real tight with a full size radiator. im running an a HF manifold in my CRX with a DSM T25 the fitting for the front coolant line touched the radiator, I have to change to a banjo style. you can see it in the bottom left corner of the pic...

how much power you looking to make??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to make around 300 but I want the room to push more if I reach that point. I already have a halfsize for the car, now I'm just wondering if this top mount is better than a cast topmount.. And if this particular one will clear my hood and radiator support.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
$480 for a chinese header/manifold thats going to crack like all the rest of them do?

bad idea.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. If y'all say stay away then I will. If I was to change direction to maybe a ram horn style what would be a decent one that won't break the bank?

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
your not going to get a ramhorn or topmount anywhere that wont break the bank or break on you, your looking at probably 550 for the cheapest ramhorn and about 1,000 for a topmount.

to bad you were not around sooner, i just sold my go autoworks ramhorn for 330$ and after ebay and paypal fees i only got about 250 for it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Downpipes really have to be custom in most applications anyways. You will see that a lot of people have theirs custom made because everything always doesnt fit to A T. Its really if you just want to spend the money but thats why A lot of people on here will agree too, their not worth it unless you have A need for having one besides the baller look.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
You'd have to backdoor that radiator to fit it, but it is still going to close. Spend the money on the block that would handle 300whp and a simple log manifold with a 50trim turbo will get you there with a good tune. But top mount looks dope and the reason I am running one but i have a 95 chassis with tons of rooms

1 - 12 of 12 Posts