·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id take them to a machine shop and see what they say. I dont think anyone has tried those on here yet
Yea seems that way.

there are a couple members that have tried those rods. i believe moahonda has if i got the name right. a couple other people had some close up photo's of them and they seemed to be a quality piece.
Yea they are. Check out my build I have some pics of the rods there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
Damn playing with fire on those rods. CX racing is slowly stepping they game up little by little. I'd honestly go with stock rods of cx racing, but this isnt my build. Very curious on the results brotha! What HP/TQ are they rated for?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I still havent put my trust in a compnay that sells re-branded Ebay type turbo kits.

And also selling rods w/o hardware is another red flag. If something breaks, they can point to your choice of hardware. or not..

I know some decent NA rods are Probe. Probe also does private label (Scat has their rods made by probe)

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
I'm pretty sure a Chinese company selling on Ebay has to stay within stricter standards since their ebay reputation matters to them so much. I'd bet my bottom dollar that they'd replace a set if a rod broke, compared to any American company selling Chinese parts that would tell you to eat shit.

These rods are the same ones being sold by quite a few companies. There's no "playing with fire" with these. They're heavy but they will work.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Well they're not going to be hollow or made of plastic, are they? It's a very common design developed a few decades ago by Carrillo (I believe). As long as you use the right bolts and bearings with proper clearances, there's not much to go wrong. You could get better ones made by a big company for more money, but these should work for 90% of the builds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts