Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am more of a b and k serious guy but know little about the sohc`s go figure. But i picked up a daily driver that is a cx hatch and is a big change to my type r sawped ef that is track use only now. I heard i could put an e ex head and bump it up .... What all am i going to have to pick up to get this done ... ECU, head, etc ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Frist off you need to check if your piston's have 4 valve releaf. If they do then you'll need the head from a z6 or y8 and the ecu from the 92-95 ex/si and wire up vtec. I will also recomed you use the z6 intake mani and exaust mani, the cx's are tiny. You will also need the timing belt for the head you use. And remove the lil oil thingamabobber inbetween cyl #2 #3. i perfer to use the y8 head in this swap because you can use you dizzy, if you use the z6 head you'll need the z6 dizzy.

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
dont mean to jack the thread but i never really understood why its not recommended to put a vtec head on a cx block, can you please clarify this...people always told me it wasnt a good idea but never explained why?
weaker rods and crank i think, i got a d15b6 8 valve it blew up on me haha
rod out back of it

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
dont mean to jack the thread but i never really understood why its not recommended to put a vtec head on a cx block, can you please clarify this...people always told me it wasnt a good idea but never explained why?
because if it doesnt have the valve reliefs then it tends not to be very good...
some motors seem to have the 16 and some have only 8.. i believe its something in what year they were etc. but im not 100% sure on that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.