Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I own a 92 civic vx and I had to change the transmission due to a lot of sound coming from the it. So I bought an used one from a cx 93 model. So I installed it. The thing is that now the gearing his different and the car is reving a lot more now. But suposely the cx and the vx tranny are the same, same ratio same final drive

So what is wrong,
1. I didnt receive a cx tranny but a dx or lx
2. The vx motor require a vx tranny to have the certain gearing (because a lot of specific parts only go on the vx model according to Honda guy)
3. Help me on this one hehe

CX /VX
1st-----3.250
2nd-----1.761
3rd-----1.066
4th-----0.853
5th-----0.702
Final Drive---3.250
According to http://home.cinci.rr.com/mistab0ne/tranny.html

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
tobtod said:
Ok I own a 92 civic vx and I had to change the transmission due to a lot of sound coming from the it. So I bought an used one from a cx 93 model. So I installed it. The thing is that now the gearing his different and the car is reving a lot more now. But suposely the cx and the vx tranny are the same, same ratio same final drive

So what is wrong,
1. I didnt receive a cx tranny but a dx or lx
2. The vx motor require a vx tranny to have the certain gearing (because a lot of specific parts only go on the vx model according to Honda guy)
3. Help me on this one hehe

CX /VX
1st-----3.250
2nd-----1.761
3rd-----1.066
4th-----0.853
5th-----0.702
Final Drive---3.250
According to http://home.cinci.rr.com/mistab0ne/tranny.html
how about the code on the transmission for starters. difficult to determine the one you have without ID number....................................

maybe the clutch is slipping or not engaging all the way...?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
what is your rpm vs. mph in each gear????

Running a DX tranny won't hurt anything engine wise, just your gas mileage if you cruised belowe 2500 rpm with the VX tranny.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you told me zex, i'm cruising to 2500 in 5th gear to do not heart gaz mileage. The thing is that with my vx tranny i'm like 75 mph and with the tranny that i bought, supossely the cx, i need to go 60mph (100km/h) and it kind of slow... I use this car to go to my cotage (like 100km to go) and its only road of were i go 60-75mph so i want the gaz mileage.

And defenitly i do not have the same gearing the car is lot more peppy usaly there is no difference between 3-4, or at least, and 3 go up to 100-105 its weird hehe. But now i can go past 85-90 in third.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts