Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im good and ready to go turbo, id rather buy a custom used kit. like from someone whos blown their motor (but nothing horrendous), or something like that. i want the basic of the basic. id rather get a kit and replace whats needed and so on, instead of piece by piece so this way i know everyhting is compatible (enough to run). how much generally, would a kit like this cost? i mean basic turbo. nothing like a jet turbine or shit like that. throw out some number and ill adverage them so it will gimme an idea.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
well, i'm putting mine together for about $600. Given that the turbo and manifold were already used to begin with, I probably would not part with something like that for anything less than I put in.

When it's new, that's a different story... new items will always depreciate in price.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
i think the turbo kit part should be around 500-700$ but you have to think about fuel, ecu, injecters, and so on... thats where it gets pricey;) and it also depends
on who you get this stuff from... i hope i helped

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the stuff im going to get will be threw here. reguardless im going to get the turbo rebuilt.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would a DSM turbo be good for a base kit? fuck it, ill just use a turbo off a Peterbuilt and call it a day.....j/k.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've seen guys piece together absolue shit for about $400 and then I have also seen custom kits of amazing quality. Its all in what you are looking to do. An HF manifold, 14b snail, DSM 450's and a side mount will run only a couple of bucks. Then chip a PM6 and run turboedit. (I assume you will be OBD0) The money is in the details like anything else. Search around and you can do very well for not a ton of cash. Or learn how to weld and make your own stuff. I bought and turbo'd my CRX for under $1k because I fabricate. The turbo kit technically is worth more than the car!

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phantom Civic said:
My turbo project started at $1500 and now its up to $2100.:shocked:
i bet its done right.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yea I hope it will be. Thats just a rough estimate cause right now I've only got a bov, charge piping, boost gauge, and my ic is on the way and I've spent a little over $500.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since im not lookin got gobs of power, im kinda looking to spend $1000.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yea me iether. For right now I'm just gonna run 6psi. But by the time you get a turbo, manifold, injectors, charge pipes, couplers, clamps, etc., etc. unless you cheap out on EVERYTHING its gonna be over a grand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts