Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom Turbo Intake Manifold Proven for power

30K views 220 replies 70 participants last post by  FarmerD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys just wanted to share a performance manifold for the D Series that was fabricated by us and works. We were truly impressed with the Power our d16z6 put down. We seen close to 100 hp increase from last years dyno session on the same 18 pounds of boost over a skunk2 off the shelf manifold.

Runners went through a weld process and port and polish to achieve a smooth transition from the large oval runner down to the small d16 runner on flange.

A shot of velocity stack runners, inside and out of sheet aluminum plenum.

Finally the finished product fitted in our D2B EG coupe with dyno numbers at 18lbs of boost. Made 488whp spinning up top with 100whp over the skunk2 intake manifold at same boost. More dyno numbers soon at high boost stay tuned.
Build List:
D16z6 Head
Crower stage 2 turbo Cam
Crower Titanium Retainers and Supertech Springs
Crower Std Size Valves
Golden Eagle Head Gasket and ARP studs
RS Machine Closed Deck D16A6 block
CP Flat Top Pistons
Eagle Rods
Precision Billet 6262 AFI Ram horn Manifold
D-BUILT Custom Intake Manifold
GSR B Series transmission with OBX LSD Mated to the D motor with our D-BUILT D2B kit

See less See more
#16 ·
oh man. i want one! what kind of boost levels will this hold do you think?
what thickness is the material?
it does look very similar to the bmc manifold that of course is not made for a D as far as i know.
this looks really good i think.
just curious if you were to custom make one for someone how much would it be? if needed you can just pm me.

#29 ·
For everyone that needs a before and after. I will be posting a vid of a stock vs skunk2 vs golden eagle vs my custom as proof. The dyno from the skunk2 was from last year so I currently dont have that sheet. proof will be up shortly for the non believers. I will be exploring into ur ideas of making the manifold for different applications and will let u guys know how it all goes.

#27 ·
Need some back to back comparisons. And this will probably be locked if you're not a sponsor. If you're trying to sell these things. I might be interested if the price is right.

#32 ·
so let me get this right, you made a thread to brag about your product without any before and after results, and an after dyno graph that shows the worlds SHITTIEST torque curve EVER, and tell us the car was spinning on the dyno...

really you should hire someone for your advertising...

#39 ·
We all like creativity and ingenuity. No one is knocking that. The fact that your account is brand new and you have just made a manifold that looks like another manifold that isn't currently being made available for the D is why there are skeptics. So from our point of view it looks like you want to sell it as a production product for some capital gains, and advertise for fffffrrreeeeeee! I'm down with free advertisement, but I don't run the site. Send me a manifold and I'll fly your name on my car. (Hoping for a dyno tune by this coming 2012 April.) I can get the STR to custom done, and it won't get anymore independent than that. The STR is the same as the Venom and Golden Eagle, or at least it's very similar.

It's not that we all need proof, but if you claim 100whp, then you need to be able to back it. Who knows it could be because of a shitty tune to an awesome tune. And the real whp numbers are more like 30 or so added whp. You catchin' what I'm shovelin'!

#44 ·
Im down to let one of u borrow the manifold and let me know how it goes for serious people only. Im sorry if I come off trying to sell or brag about the manifold or power we were just excited after results and couldnt wait to share. Im gunna look into sponsoring this site tho to keep the d alive.

#48 ·
D-BUILT:

I am just completing a very aggressive 76mm vitara/3.6 bisi build. I am running a Venom g1 manifold (pretty much identical to the GE). I have a Skunk2 sitting behind me going unused.

If someone wants to send me an Eddlebrock Performer X and this manifold; I have no objection to paying a little extra dyno time when I get my tune and having a compare of all of these products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.