Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys just wanted to share a performance manifold for the D Series that was fabricated by us and works. We were truly impressed with the Power our d16z6 put down. We seen close to 100 hp increase from last years dyno session on the same 18 pounds of boost over a skunk2 off the shelf manifold.

Runners went through a weld process and port and polish to achieve a smooth transition from the large oval runner down to the small d16 runner on flange.

A shot of velocity stack runners, inside and out of sheet aluminum plenum.

Finally the finished product fitted in our D2B EG coupe with dyno numbers at 18lbs of boost. Made 488whp spinning up top with 100whp over the skunk2 intake manifold at same boost. More dyno numbers soon at high boost stay tuned.
Build List:
D16z6 Head
Crower stage 2 turbo Cam
Crower Titanium Retainers and Supertech Springs
Crower Std Size Valves
Golden Eagle Head Gasket and ARP studs
RS Machine Closed Deck D16A6 block
CP Flat Top Pistons
Eagle Rods
Precision Billet 6262 AFI Ram horn Manifold
D-BUILT Custom Intake Manifold
GSR B Series transmission with OBX LSD Mated to the D motor with our D-BUILT D2B kit

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
best if you would hit up a mod or the administrator for sponsorship

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
dont understand your question but from i could make out yes it made 100 hp over skunk2 manifold

Do you have pictures OR VIDEOS of the running motor, using the finished manifold that made 100+whp over a skunk2 manifold, with no other modifications
and same boost level?

You posted a picture of a motor with no spark plug wires, wastegate, No injectors, No timing belt, and an intake manifold with no throttle body on it along with a random dyno graph...

Not knocking ya, but more complete picture and proof would be nice :D

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Nice man! But may I suggest talking to a mod or admin because this may come off to some as trying to push a product or promote a company. May not be what youre trying to do just a heads up but congrats on the mani!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have pictures OR VIDEOS of the running motor, using the finished manifold that made 100+whp over a skunk2 manifold, with no other modifications
and same boost level?

You posted a picture of a motor with no spark plug wires, wastegate, No injectors, No timing belt, and an intake manifold with no throttle body on it along with a random dyno graph...

Not knocking ya, but more complete picture and proof would be nice :D
Sure and when i go back on the dyno ill make a video and post it up

Photos show completed setup just for you. And the car at TSA dyno which is shown on the dyno sheet and people are standing on the car because the car was spinning on the dyno on higher RPM. So the dyno would have shown more if it didnt spin so better tires and more straps are needed for next dyno session so we can see wat the car is really putting down.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
oh man. i want one! what kind of boost levels will this hold do you think?
what thickness is the material?
it does look very similar to the bmc manifold that of course is not made for a D as far as i know.
this looks really good i think.
just curious if you were to custom make one for someone how much would it be? if needed you can just pm me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We pressured tested ours to 50 psi and bunch of runs and no leaks yet. I wanna test the car at Fall Nationals at the 18 psi to see what it does at Englishtown raceway park in New Jersey. Ill keep everyone posted.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.