Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I have a big problem... I bought a t28 gt3076 for my d16y8 and I pieced together my turbo kit. So as of now i only have to find the time to put it in the car but theres a dilemma! Im kinda sad cause i hooked the turbo up to the exhaust manifold i bought and noticed that the side of the manifold that connects to the block is angled outward... so when i took it outside and lined it up with the angle on the block, it was obvious it will not fit with the ac (keep in mind i live in florida). So if anyone has ran into this problem and knows a solution please help shed light to my situation! Oh and i can add some pictures if you need. Also, you can see my engine bay on my profile photo for reference. Thanks in advance!

Also, pictures are added towards the bottom of the page!

·
Registered
21 Posts
is it sticking out hitting the ac radiator ar just the fan becasue i saw a guy with a eg put a slim fan behind his frount mount blowing threw the rad so he could get his turbo clearence

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it sticking out hitting the ac radiator ar just the fan becasue i saw a guy with a eg put a slim fan behind his frount mount blowing threw the rad so he could get his turbo clearence

Thats a really good idea actually, thanks man. I came up with an idea of getting the manifold machined so that its flat rather then angled outward. Maybe the combination of both of these will allow it to fit... ill get a quote tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post some pics of what exactly your describing or if near jax I may be able to lend a hand personally.
Ok i will post up pics as soon as i can but im not home right now. and thanks man, i appreciate that but i live in orlando lol. Im pretty conflicted right now though, ive been at this turbo build for about 3 months piecing things together and it seems like theres just no point anymore. like i might as well sell everything and get an si. what do you think?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Im pretty conflicted right now though, ive been at this turbo build for about 3 months piecing things together and it seems like theres just no point anymore. like i might as well sell everything and get an si. what do you think?
Giving up is not the answer. Unless your a Russy!! LOL Now get back to work!!

And if you do give up... You'll have to take that "Viking" out of our name. Because Vikings never give up.

·
Formally D_Tuned
2,884 Posts
Turbo, its a steep learning curve for some but well worth it.

My d15b on very low boost and a very conservative tune pulled on si's as if they put it in reverse. Once you spool that first time you most likely will never look back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Giving up is not the answer. Unless your a Russy!! LOL Now get back to work!!

And if you do give up... You'll have to take that "Viking" out of our name. Because Vikings never give up.
haha yeah man your right, ill get this shit done lol. Just might take a little longer than i had hoped.

@Tw34k I have heard that alot. my buddy at work told me ill realize why i did all this work when you step on it and you can barely hold the steering wheel :bigok:

But ok ill stick with it and figure this out. If i have to (which i probly will lol) ill buy a different exhaust manifold with a skinny fan for the ac AND get it machined :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Uhhhh.... I could be wrong, as I dont know everything about turbo measurements.... But arent those 2 different turbos?

or is t28 the "flange" of the turbo?
Yes the t28 is the flange... I think there was a turbo similar to this for sale here recently maybe not the 30r but i think it was a 28

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
post those pix man its probably an easy fix. And i hear you on ac i cant live without it. Tx just gets way to hot was in the 102-110 this pass summer.

Also you might need a slim fan, but no 100% what the turbo is hitting.
I just realized i would need a photobucket account to add pictures :uh: so ill do that then post up the pictures of my stuff. But yeah man that ac is really important to me! lol and plus the ladies dont like the heat either so it would be in my best interest to keep it! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Imageshack.com no account needed its what I use for all pics uploaded
Sorry man, account already created. But thanks anyway!

So here is the first picture

Notice the crazy angle the manufacturer stupidly decided to include...

Heres a better look

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a look at my clearance in my engine bay for the turbo and the angle on the block. That way you can compare it to the angle on the manifold

Here is the angle on the block

View from the passenger side looking towards the driver side

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
turn the turbo around the opposite way

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
need better pix because it looks like an ebay cast iron manifold, which is known to clear ac good. Then you have a t3-t2 adapter but yours seems really long(your turbo may hang low). My adapter is only about 1inch. Check my build it may help you out alittle bit.

Also if you can mount it and take some pix and point out whats wrong. Also your going to have to flip the turbo around to clear ac. If you dont it will hit the ac compressor.

·
Formally D_Tuned
2,884 Posts
Adapter is to long, the angle in the manifold is so compressor clears block when you turn the turbo around 180 which is the proper way for keeping a/c. Your also going to need a slim fan on the other side of the condenser like I believe has already been mentioned.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts