Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to turbocharging and i was wondering if anyone can tell me word for word what parts i need for custom turbo kit. also do i have to custom make a down pipe? And if i can still use my y7 mani with the turbo kit?
thanks.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup, a search will yield everything you need to know, but I'm bored and have nothing else to do so here ya's go. This should cover most of it.
Manifold
Downpipe
Dumptube
Headwork-Not a must, but would suggest it
Slim radiator fans
Catch Can
Injectors
Fuel Pump
BOV (Blow Off Valve)
Waste Gate
Oil Lines
Intercooler
Intercooler Piping
Wideband (Don't need it, but not a bad idea to have)
Gauges
Turbo timer isn't a bad idea to have
Boost Controller
Spark Plugs
Intake Manifold (Also, not needed to upgrade)
Upgraded valvetrain (Deppends what power you're wanting to make)
Cam
Clutch
LSD
Axels (Also, deppends on power)
Pistons (same)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok but when i run the i/c piping, will it fit under the hood since i have the stock y7 mani and throttle body?
also should i go to a p28 ecu or not?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
ok but when i run the i/c piping, will it fit under the hood since i have the stock y7 mani and throttle body?
also should i go to a p28 ecu or not?
yes you can get it to clear your hood. CAIs work, so there is no reason charge piping wont. you will have to have it custom made though...

personally, i would definitely convert to obd1 and run a chipped p06/p28 :TU:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i buy a obd2 to obd1 adapter and a p28 ecu then send it somewhere to get chipped?

Also can i just buy an ebay intercooler kit and just have the charge pipe custom made?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
ok so i buy a obd2 to obd1 adapter and a p28 ecu then send it somewhere to get chipped?

Also can i just buy an ebay intercooler kit and just have the charge pipe custom made?
send the ecu to www.xenocron.com, or you can buy pre-chipped ones from them :TU:

ebay ic kit most likely wont work with the y7 IM. they are usually made for z6/y8 style IM/TB. you would basically just have to add an elbow to make it work. shouldnt be too hard

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok and i was planing in using a std manifold with a 14b turbo but i dont know how to make an adapter plate. do you know if anybody sells them or do i just have to make one?

·
Registered
732 Posts
haha only 175hp? get some spray, go for boost on over 200whp : )

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
yes, right now im running on a basemap from xenocron, i suggest you talk to him about what you have. i keep it under 4k and go light on the throttle BUT once and a while i give it alittle boost maybe 4 or 5lbs and nothing goes wrong, you need to make sure all timing is correct and your plugs are gapped correctly and you should be able to drive around w/o a problem but dont beat on it or it'll fuck up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts