·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
If your using any piston with around stock compression height, you are decreasing the quench int he combustion chamber. That's not a good thing.

But, yes, cometic can do custom headgaskets in just about any thickness.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Right, that's not what I'm concerned about, though. Having the PDNs in there is awesome! It's just the fact that the JRSC tends to heat up the air more than a good turbo. Dealing with higher IATs means that you are going to inherently be more prone to detonation, and if you are going through the trouble to refine your combustins chambers, I'd look to maximize the quench instead of completely eliminate it. *shrugs* It's going to be a lot of fun anyway you slice it. Just don't get carried away with the ignition timing. =)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
LHT doesn't mod the M45s anymore from what I hear. That's a shame, as they really do make an awesome bit of kit! If I ever did a stuporcharger, I'd seriously try to fit an M60 onto the D, but that would require a lot of work and I still prefer the Lysholm units in terms of efficiency.

Meth injection is very effective, I just don't like having to rely on something like that to not go "pop," or another electric pump to fail, and the injectors have been known to clog, etc.

I know you aren't a dummy, though, and certainly look forward to what you are going to come up with!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts