Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes yes i've searched, and than i searched again and i still can't seem to find it. I'm not even sure it was in a JRSC thread but someone had mentioned a guy who still makes one off JRSC pulleys for i think 150-160 a piece. A friend of mine was supposed to turn one for me but he's flaked out on me so i'd rather just pay this guy to make me one. I knew i should have wrote down the info when i read it but i didn't so the search is on, if anyone has any info i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, much appreciated info, i'm only at 7lbs now, i'm not going any higher than 10 but even at that i'll have a water/ meth setup.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any smaller than 3.4" with a z6 crank pulley is border lining the safe operating RPM's for the M45. you can buy the 3.4" pulley directly from moss motors for around $135
You wouldn't happen to know the part number for that would you, that's the pulley i need. I have a parts list but none of the upgraded options are on it and there not listed on the Moss Motors websites, i buy all my belts and gaskets from them

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
They don't list part numbers for individual pulleys as far as I know. The CRX kit cam with this:

051-331 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.4-4R 1

The Z6 kit came with this:

051-414 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.8-4R 1

In other words, the blower/pulley combination was sold together as a single part #.

Not to say single pulleys are not available, but they're not available by searching for a part number

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
They don't list part numbers for individual pulleys as far as I know. The CRX kit cam with this:

051-331 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.4-4R 1

The Z6 kit came with this:

051-414 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.8-4R 1

In other words, the blower/pulley combination was sold together as a single part #.

Not to say single pulleys are not available, but they're not available by searching for a part number
051-400 enter that in the part # box Here and a 1 under qty. thats assuming you have the d16z6 kit.

:uh: shows what I know lol

Having a custom one made is still cheaper tho!

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
any smaller than 3.4" with a z6 crank pulley is border lining the safe operating RPM's for the M45. you can buy the 3.4" pulley directly from moss motors for around $135
just out of intrest what is the diameter of the z6 crank pulley? i know the a6 is 5.75" the one im using with a 3.1" snout pulley. at 7800 rpm. is around 14400 odd rpm on the rotors.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
just out of intrest what is the diameter of the z6 crank pulley? i know the a6 is 5.75" the one im using with a 3.1" snout pulley. at 7800 rpm. is around 14400 odd rpm on the rotors.
If you have not ever seen this than you should of... Index of /media/CALCS

On my A6 I ran a Z6 pulley for a while and gained 1psi its not that much bigger than a A6 the gains I saw was when I went to a Y8 pulley.

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
If you have not ever seen this than you should of... Index of /media/CALCS

On my A6 I ran a Z6 pulley for a while and gained 1psi its not that much bigger than a A6 the gains I saw was when I went to a Y8 pulley.
forgot about that site. bookmarked. yeah thanks. very helpful.

seeing as i was working a a 6" pulley diameter and was getting 14400 odd at 7500 im more then safe. any way.

moving on. this thread is answered above.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I measured all 3 of them carefully a while back, and there was a significant enough difference in size for me to consider all 3 for boost altering purposes. A difference of 30 thou is NOT significant in my opinion.

That FTL Racing spreadsheet has them at A6 - 6", Z6 - 6.25", Y8 - 6.5", and that seems more like the differences I was getting when I measured.

·
Registered
EJ6
219 Posts
I measured my Y series pulley and it's around 6.4". IIRC, Jackson shipped those kits with a 6.2" pulley to keep the boost at the same level as the earlier kits. Jackson Racing made a larger 6.75" crank pulley for more boost.

I run the 6.75 crank pulley and a 3.8" blower pulley and I get roughly 10 psi boost.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
:uh: I don't understand...

You ask who makes pulleys, you say you're ready to pay $150-$160..

I spoon feed you and direct you to a $95 custom pulley...

You rep the guy who linked you to a $140 pulley from Moss Motors...

Have fun overpaying!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts