Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys... got a question for all you knowledgable turbo peeps out there. I live in the UK and was in the process of buying bits for my D15Z6 turbo conversion. Problem I have is that no one in the UK sells custom turbo bits like oil lines, charge piping, etc for Honda's and noone can tune these things as they haven't even heard of Hondata or Uberdata. absolutely disgusting I know! So here is what I planned:
I know the SS autocrap mani's are a load of sh!t but whats the rest of their stuff like? Say for example I get some stuff from them (turbo, IC, charge piping, downpipe and oil lines) then get a better quality manifold, HKS BOV, 2.5" custom exhaust, Tial wastegate, 450cc's and good tuning, would that be ok?

Guys I know SS autosh1te is bollox but I'm struggling in finding bits in the UK and have only heard bad things about their mani's cracking. don't hate me for this ok?! ; )

just want some advice as I wanna feel boost in my civic. thanks

ps. regarding lack of tuning places here, my friend got a basemap from racingchips.com for his B16 and it ran real good. I know basemaps are a crap compromise and no compensation for correct tuning but this may be my only option.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
or should i get a log style manifold like this one?
and f*ck SS Autocunts

log

I know the wastegate port is on a crap place and will not regulate boost as well as if it was say in the centre of the manifold. But it'll stilll work well right? If not can you guys recommend a good manifold and T3 turbo from a compnay which will ship to the UK? Thanks again

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry me again! I know this is another one of those SS autocrude mani's but 'looks' stronger than the other tubular ones:

race

Still load of crap?

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
the d15z6 doesnt exist.

but i think ur trying too hard to find stuff in the uk..

ebay would be your best bet id say... the first manifold u posted up is a good manifold if you want cast and the 2nd one is for b-series so i wont say anything about that.... but its still ssac...

.... or just buy the greddy kit w/ a fmic and bov...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If no one does turboing around your area ,t he I highly recommend getting a Greddy bolt on kit for the D16Z6 (92-95 EX) and sue that. The problem you have is custom kits require custom tuning and if no one does then in your area, then your not going to get proper tuning either.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the D15Z6 is an EDM model so i can assure you it exists. It only has 115bhp as standard bt still feels pretty quick esp with my curent exhaust and SRI. Yeah I've been looking into the Greddy kit but have been told different stories bout the Emanage piggyback. Some say it is not that good because you can only run 5-6 psi, do I still have to worry aboout retarding the timing with the Emanage? What do you guys reckon bout basemaps?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ignore the stories, it is fully programable and works fine for anything under 15psi. you will need larger inejctors like 440, or even 550's but the e-manage will work fine.

also keep in mind, if you go above 11psi you have to change the stock map sensor out for a 3-bar one, or you will not be able to tune the car right and will break the stock map.

·
Registered
421 Posts
im putting together a turbo kit in the uk too, if you wait and look around one will come up, try hondarevolutions.com, also i can put you in touch with a tuner who uses cromepro, not that far from manchester. he can dyno and road tune as he has all the datalogging equipment. i got an hf manifold from a guy who didn't finish his rex project. Tuners are hard to find here in the uk, so you either have to learn or really search the uk forums for tuners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts