Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to use a 10" tablet with SDASH as my main dashboard but it lacks some of the analog indicators and gauges from the stock console.

So I decided to make a new console with left/right turn, low fuel, brights, em brake, fuel level indicator and odometer.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Reactions: Sammo115

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reactions: hotrodj

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I need to add CEL so I can drive safely without the tablet. Also gonna change some of the bulb colors. Turns will be green and brights will be blue.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
nicely done! ive been considering something similar. what did that odometer come out of?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the camera? Or is the refresh rate a bit slow on the tablet?
You are correct, it was lagging. I ended up deleting this dashboard and making a new one and its much quicker. While playing around with one of the pre-made dashboards that come with Sdash, I added a bunch of gauges and they kept "disappearing". Well, turns out I while dragging them and re-sizing them they slipped off the edge of the screen and they'd just disappear. Well they weren't actually gone, just not visible so I had 2 or 3 of all the gauges trying to display.

I started with a fresh blank template and only added the essential gauges and its much quicker now.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nicely done! ive been considering something similar. what did that odometer come out of?
Thanks! Yeah I'm real happy with the way it turned out. All the gauges came out of an EX cluster that I hacked apart.

The ODO just needs a power, ground and speedometer and it magically just works!

I made a new dash for autocross yesterday that was much less distracting. Just 3 things, a huge CEL, ECT and AF.

Reactions: buzzbomb

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
very cool project!
I've thinking about a similar project for my gaping double din void.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
unfortunately the dev said he didnt have time and took his app off the market. I only have his plugin version that i paid for and the bluetooth was separate.....little irritated about having spent money on it now. I'm in the middle of the same and will post when i finish this weekend. all for removing that damn cable!

however this looks promising Hondash but nothing seems to want to read everything the s300 has for data. I really want to see my digital/analog inputs the most.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
unfortunately the dev said he didnt have time and took his app off the market. I only have his plugin version that i paid for and the bluetooth was separate.....little irritated about having spent money on it now. I'm in the middle of the same and will post when i finish this weekend. all for removing that damn cable!

however this looks promising Hondash but nothing seems to want to read everything the s300 has for data. I really want to see my digital/analog inputs the most.
Yeah I was initially irritated as well but since it was just a fan created app and only $10, for what might cost hundreds like SoloStorm, it was a good deal. He cited family issues which I can totally understand.
Petrel Data Systems » SoloStorm Autocross Data Logger for Android

He said it would remain available for download if previously purchased. I broke my old tablet and was relieved to be able to re-download it as of a month ago. I have it backed up now using App Backup & Restore.

Nice find on the alternative.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

here's pretty much where i ended up. vinyl wrapped acrylic. torque, a multigauge and the fuel sender. + leds for check engine, high, and blinkers
Dude that's awesome! Is it running SDash or Hondash? Love the digital carbon fiber gauges.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
currently just torque. hondash once available as an android app. I only have the usb version of sdash so i cant charge and monitor at the same time without adding a wireless charging ability or something. maybe a power pass through. S dash definitely pulls the most out of a S300 for now, but what i really want is all the digital and analog inputs I'm sending it. that's when i could start doing some interesting stuff with alarms or a real functional race dash. Wouldn't even need any other gauges.

the carbon fauxber cracks me up. I have a fender done as well but didnt pull the pinstriping off, looks awesome. If i would have looked before i could have lined these up. Maybe i'll make some adjustments now that i have a template and do it on the next one.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got the rest of the dash roughed in. Thinking the shiny finish will be blinding in sun so will probably paint it a matte, dark gray maybe.

Reactions: slo_eg8
1 - 20 of 20 Posts