Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is my semi-finished project it was a complete PITA modding some of this. the leds from top to bottom are CEL/shift light, oil pis, door, brake, and alt. i dont know why but the CEL led is always dimmly light but it get full brightness during the bulb check and when the shift light kicks(oil in first pic was lit by a jumper wire)?

as you see here there is very little room for the fuel and coolant gauges. i have broken 3 now and i wanting on another one along with a UKDM ZC tach and speedo. the arduino program for the arduino is far from done but im getting there testing things here and there.

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks alot people realy like it. im thinking after i get the zc parts i'll convert it to white Electroluminesnt lighting like one the prelude guys on my FB suggested. i think it would look sweet. EFs light up light shit at nite and it would better match the lcd.

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 20x4 rgb lcd screen is a system i made with somw information i pulled and contruibed to on another forum here. ill maybe i post a pix of the arduino later today.

·
Registered
92 civic dx sedan
374 Posts
Where is the arduino getting it info from???? Are you pulling it from the ecu?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is the arduino getting it info from???? Are you pulling it from the ecu?

the arduino is pulling it from the ecus datalogging header is acting just like a hulog/ecucontrol.

·
Registered
92 civic dx sedan
374 Posts
Awesome man I'd love to see a write up on how you got the arduino to talk to the ecu and put out the info onto the lcd

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
How can I make my '00 SI cluster light up like this?
that requires EL lighting like those ricer gauges do know eqactly how to do it yet toh as i want to maintain a stock clean look

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope the ludes use EL tubes. its like low voltage neon only 50-500v vs 20000v.

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts