Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well.. i know alot of people dont like gude performance or.. bill gude.. i know i have said some crap.. but i personally went down to his shop to have the head milled on my daily driver and asked him about a cam for my turbo car...

i got a cam from him wich is awesome.. low cam has been changed but not significantly so it will lope just like a stage 2 but has a wild grind on the vtec lobe... vtec changeover is fucking sweet.. it pulls like a fucking bat outta hell...

i would have gotten the non vtec lobes done more wilder.. but i wanna drive this thing every once in a while on the street and i dont want people to know how big of a cam im running...

idk.. this is a crappy product review.. im just saying..im very satisfied with the end results of his cam.. reground or non, it still is awesome:shocked:

heres a cold startup vid.. i need to get the cam gear on and set it, it will idle alot better.. ill get another vid when im done
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d69/siregcivic/?action=view&current=IM000282.flv

heres a pic of the cam.... low cam and high cam only

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hmm, interesting. Nice it performs good, what valvesprings/retainers you have? That ramp profile looks pretty damn steep, like it would just pop the valves open, keep them open and suddenly slam them shut.. Works good for a while, but is extremely hard for valvetrain.

My connection seems to be damn slow/laggy atm, can't watch the vid right now :(

What is the Gude part number for that particular cam? It's supposed to be like HCCS?? with two numbers.
Any idea about duration/lift figures?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock springs and stock retainers... just like my last setup with his 10 second cam.. no problems at 9000 rpm's on stock springs... there is no part number.. its a custom cam made for me....

but one thing.. i had to take it out.. its too big if a cam for my low compression motor, hes making me a new one in a couple of days soo ill see how that goes..it would take off in vtec... but sometimes it would studder and pop right before vtec crossover and i didnt like that...soo new cam in a few days

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ok. 9000rpm, hmm.. what rods/pistons do you have? I'm afraid to rev 8k with my stock PM7s w/ ARP bolts, but my engine would love to rev more... 8)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
9k on a stock valve train? Isn't that a little much?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9k on a stock valve train? Isn't that a little much?
not on this motor.. nooo way.. 9k and boost:slap: no way.. my last motor yea it was a bit too much.. i probably wasnt making any power up there but it was fun revvin the f outta it... i raced a b16 hatch on the freeway and pulled him by 4 cars.. saw him a few days later at teh in n out gathering and he thought i had an h22.. lmfao i loved it..

im running stock vx rods and stock vx pistons its a whole vx shortblock with a y8 head...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
is that startup on a stock ecu? sound like it needs a tune just wondering.... My Crower 2 sound the same way and was a pain til i tuned the idle right, then it idled like a stock car.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is that startup on a stock ecu? sound like it needs a tune just wondering.... My Crower 2 sound the same way and was a pain til i tuned the idle right, then it idled like a stock car.
nah.. thats startup on my ecu tuned for boost and 440cc injectors.... i was driving it to get tuned and i got greedy and it detonated and lifted the head so now she sits and i put the stock cam back in it until i put a motor together that i need a cam this big for

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool Gude is the only place that does cams for my 5mge in my supra. SIR your from murrieta? I lived there 2 years ago you know a kid with a red 96 ex named patty?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts