Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during my research i have always came up finding people that claim their turbo d put out even power numbers like 175hp/175trq or 185hp/185trq etc... With my build, I want just as much torque, if not more, than horsepower. i dont care to make more than 200 hp unless i could hit 200trq also. get what i am saying? my goal is i want to autocross with this car so i dont care about maxing out my setup but torque is king in autocross so i want as much as possible.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Its all in the tune...so do a regular turbo build with a small turbo that builds boost quick that can peak about 250whp and have the tuner make it a torque monster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I must agree with 98CiviCn00b, components are basics. Tuning is every thing!

Bst of luck with your build! Have patience!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wasnt asking about how much power i will make. i was just asking how do you get just as much torque as horsepower? nothing specific to my setup or not. just in general

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
doesn't matter, your still asking about a whp/tq number. even general numbers are nothing but fly by your pants answers. which is what "we" are trying to avoid doing. cause if it doesn't work out for you, you might get a bitter taste about the site.

there is no way to know for sure, cause every engine responds differently to tuning.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
if your set on torque... just make a torque goal, go to the tuner and tell him you want 200tq, why in the hell wud you rather have 200hp/200tq than 220hp/200tq???

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
cause the OP is focused on numbers, instead of treating his/her engine with care. i see this going bad very quickly.

OP = "could you make as much TQ as possible?"
tuner = "sure, i will just richen it up and leave the timing conservative."
OP= "cool!"
**2 hours later**
tuner = "yeah, i accedentally washed your walls cause i kept trying to make tq using the tune. sorry about that."
OP = "what? those damn guys on d-s.org. they lied to me!"
tuner = "well maybe you should not have focused on a number, but more on a good tune."

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i made 176whp/176wtq because i have a small turbo that chokes up top, so i cant keep the torque up in the higher rpms. thus the low hp number.

if u want lower hp lower your rpms :p

if you want more torque run more boost :)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
if u want lower hp lower your rpms
true, considering whp is dirived from wtq and rpm..

but limiting the engine with a small turbo is very bad. it chokes it up, making it run hotter. hot = bad. how do you get rid of that? you dump fuel. which leads to the above conversation ;).

danz, how was your last engine again? ;) ;)

edit: and don't say it was the build. look for the guy with the highest whp output for vitaras. he reused his oem bearings during his "getto/el'cheapo" build up.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
my engine runs great. 15psi plus intake temps of 120f with the small turbo.

i forgot to add that one last thing. if you want EARLY torque, get a smaller exhaust turbine. but that will limit your upper rpms. like me right now. thats why i set the limiter to 7200rpm, and run ngk racing plugs heat range 9. (recently downgraded from 10's because of the weather...)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
my engine runs great. 15psi plus intake temps of 120f with the small turbo.

i forgot to add that one last thing. if you want EARLY torque, get a smaller exhaust turbine. but that will limit your upper rpms. like me right now. thats why i set the limiter to 7200rpm, and run ngk racing plugs heat range 9. (recently downgraded from 10's because of the weather...)
lol, i was refering to your first engine. lol. was just :poke:-ing at you bro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts