Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
infinatenexus said:
I would think it would be a simple thing to accomplish.
I'm more interested in...Is it worth the gain? will it get enough fuel?

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
i really doubt it could get enough fuel, how would you activate vtec??? rpm switch???

i dont think it would work too good

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hondadog said:
If you could get decent injectors that flow more fuel and maybe bore out the thottle body. It would be fun to try. You could even do a homemade porting job on the runners. You going to try it?
*thinking about *

I do have 2 spare DX manifolds, that I can play with.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Hondadog said:
How about dual dpfi. How much does the dpfi system flow?
:jesus: jesus says: NOTENOUGHcc :lol:

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
i was just messin..i thought of that and found it quite humorous so i thought id share

as for how much DPFI flows...thats actually a really good question...One injector is called the "main" and the other is the "aux" Im actually not too sure how it works, but if i had to guess the main injector functions all the time and the auxilary injector kicks in at WOT

as for the exact cc amount id be willing to bet total it is quite a bit less than 480cc (duh!!! considering thats how much total MPFI flows!!!) maybe around 360cc??? with the main being around 240cc and the aux being around 120cc

who knows!?!?! if anyone does please feel free to reply!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I believe you are correct. Thats basically the way I see it. almost like a half of a 4 barrel holley with vac secondaries. I would like to see if someone makes a larger size set of injectors. Be kinda funny to look under the hood and see 2 of them sitting next to each other. Plus with 2 of them, you would be able to use one to feed 2 chambers.

B

·
0 Posts
The injectors are galley feed like Nissans aren't they? Who else uses galley feed?

·
Registered
423 Posts
i dont think it would be a good idea. and i thought you had to have mpfi for vtec to work? or work right anyway. i would think you would be robbing your car of fuel, and if you have vtec, and it is not getting enough fuel, running lean in high rpms wouldnt be good right???

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
bspeed said:
The injectors are galley feed like Nissans aren't they? Who else uses galley feed?
i thought some subarus used them... not sure...

you're talking about side-feeding fuel rails, right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts