Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so you have left over of the pork roast recipe thread i post over it's ok... here's why...

Ingredients
1 loaf Cuban bread(french loaf is fine)
1-ounce regular mustard
4 dill pickles
5 slices boiled ham or Virginia ham
2 slices roast pork
1 slice imported Swiss cheese
1-ounce butter

Directions
Cut Cuban bread to desired size, common size is 7 inches. Next, slice open the bread down the middle. On the topside of the bread spread 1-ounce of mustard, evenly across. Then place 4 pickles on top of the mustard. You then place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on top of the pickles. Slice ham to desired thickness, recommended size is 1 1/2 ounces per slice, the thinner the better. Now fold each slice of ham in half and place evenly on bottom of bread. On top of the ham, place slices of roast pork, 1 1/2 ounces per slice. You then join both halves of the sandwich. You are now ready to grill your Cuban sandwich.

Use a sandwich grill if you have one, a waffle iron if not. Spread butter on top of the bread evenly. Close the grill, smashing the sandwich. Leave sandwich in the grill until top of bread turns to a golden brown, and top is crisp. Approximate time is 4 to 6 minutes. After the sandwich is crispy and the cheese has melted, remove the sandwich carefully and slice it diagonally, from corner to corner. DO NOT USE A MICROWAVE OVEN!

i didn't have pickels so i did make it with. also my g/f didn't want mustard cause she doesn't like mustard. so i made hers with mayo and then she tasted the mine. she was like wtf it taste better with nustards. lol

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
this one and the other one are the win ! nicely done remo.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. it's one of those thing if you haved a real cuban sandwich and you know how good they are... i just gave the means in how to do it properly

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts
Thats one thing i'll miss about Miami - the awesome Cuban sandwiches.

Down here, they stuff them with 2x the meat you put, plus the little mini fries inside.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
now this is one thing i have never had. always with them bomb recipes remo nice.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats one thing i'll miss about Miami - the awesome Cuban sandwiches.

Down here, they stuff them with 2x the meat you put, plus the little mini fries inside.
thats how the do them back in NYC where i grew up at. but it's one of those things when i make a pork roast ans there's leftovers cuban sandwichs are givens,. lol.

now this is one thing i have never had. always with them bomb recipes remo nice.
thanks ho-c. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts