Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering what is you thoughts on the JDM EK CTR gauge cluster, there is one for sale for $360.00 cdn but my interior is not geared towards JDM style. I am using GSR front seats and a USDM S2000 steering wheel. Do you think that I schould just use a SI gauge cluster in my cx hatch instead.

Thank you:

Mark

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I am just wondering what is you thoughts on the JDM EK CTR gauge cluster, there is one for sale for $360.00 cdn but my interior is not geared towards JDM style. I am using GSR front seats and a USDM S2000 steering wheel. Do you think that I schould just use a SI gauge cluster in my cx hatch instead.

Thank you:

Mark
honestly spending nearly 400 bucks on a cluster is outrageous man, just get an Si or something cheaper, save that money for something more important

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just wondering if I buying a CTR gauge cluster, I am wondering how do I go about installing this into my 1997 EJ6 hatchback. Do I have to rip apart most of the dash to install this or not.

Thank you:

Mark

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Save your money. That gauge cluster is extremely overpriced. I would know since I have 2 different direct connects to get JDM parts.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I am just wondering if I buying a CTR gauge cluster, I am wondering how do I go about installing this into my 1997 EJ6 hatchback. Do I have to rip apart most of the dash to install this or not.

Thank you:

Mark
no no no lol, you just unscrew the....you know what...give me a second, there is a DIY for how to change the bulbs in the cluster of a 96-00 EJ, but it shows how you get the whole cluster out...let me find it and ill link you

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
hmm...ok so the thread is gone...shit....you just unscrew the outter surrounding plastic piece, that will expose the screws that hole the actual cluster in the dash, unscrew them, then pull the cluster out top part first, there are i think 2 harnesses to unhook, unplug them, and install the other cluster, do the reverse to put it back in and bolt it back up

but seriously, dont buy a CTR cluster, that's way too much money for something like that, save the big spending on things like suspension and performance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts