Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
crx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much weight can u pull out of my crx? would it be useful to take out passenger seat and the spare tire junk. and is there anything else i could take out to make it lighter?

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
searching is a easy way to get anwsers. it depends on what your gonna do with the car, if your like me. and have a cheap car just for racing and not really caring about comfort. carpet, tar, door panels jack, spare tire center console, passenger seat ,seat belt ,seat rails, heater and ac, cargo compartment. radio, all speakers ...

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
read the sticky in general tech....look be4 you ask and i dont think that this is naturally aspirated but thats just me

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
wow.

i think this is so simple but maybe not. how bout you pull everything out that is not NECESSARY to drive the vehicle.

done.

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
<---- 91 Civic, 1625lbs. Def NOT street legal though. Can easily shave another 50lbs. Can get down to low 1500ish with some work.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
its not that difficult to get 200 LBS off a car if you start when its fully loaded with ac and ps. for my 00 EX(a pig by crx standars) went from 2550 to 2300 fairly easy, no ps or ac, no spare/jack, remove sound detening from trunk, header(thiner metal/not cast iron), Aluminum LCAs,
that is good for around 200lbs EASY. adding a Cf/fiberglass hood is even more carpeting,more sound detener, seats.

its not hard just everything that doesnt trn,go forward, or control the car ake it out or replace with lighter material.

·
Registered
72 Posts
its not that difficult to get 200 LBS off a car if you start when its fully loaded with ac and ps. for my 00 EX(a pig by crx standars) went from 2550 to 2300 fairly easy, no ps or ac, no spare/jack, remove sound detening from trunk, header(thiner metal/not cast iron), Aluminum LCAs,
that is good for around 200lbs EASY. adding a Cf/fiberglass hood is even more carpeting,more sound detener, seats.

its not hard just everything that doesnt trn,go forward, or control the car ake it out or replace with lighter material.
you dont have a rear sway?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yup I do 15mm delsol vtec bar. car was weigher at a local scale before and after.

exact weights were 2557 at first and 2278 after. I just round

·
Registered
256 Posts
searching is a easy way to get anwsers. it depends on what your gonna do with the car, if your like me. and have a cheap car just for racing and not really caring about comfort. carpet, tar, door panels jack, spare tire center console, passenger seat ,seat belt ,seat rails, heater and ac, cargo compartment. radio, all speakers ...

can also replace the sunroof (if its an Si) with a lexan or c/f plug.. lexan windows , etc... depends how far you want to take it..

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
crx's are the best thing to have when it comes to weight for sure !

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
setup:
I/H/E and wieght reduction :)

How much weight does the aluminum LCA's save????

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
88 crx si, 1960 w/o driver, but WITH 6 point cage.. so once i get rid of that i shoudl drop another 200lbs i think.

all i have is 2 light seats, a dash, and, well thats it. no door panels, carpet, sound deadening, etc.. carbon hood, if any hood at all most of the time ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Behind the front and rear bumpers, there are support beams you can take off. You've got to use a zip tie or two to keep the bumpers secure though. Put together, they're probably worth 35 pounds.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
ill keep my bumper supports and turn up the boost instead =-)!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts