Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy's i just want to know whats the best tranny for my car, i have a 89 crx si i got a sohc vtec d16z6 now what do u think is the best tranny for it. i appreciate the help thanks...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
tigasnatigas said:
hey guy's i just want to know whats the best tranny for my car, i have a 89 crx si i got a sohc vtec d16z6 now what do u think is the best tranny for it. i appreciate the help thanks...
Yours dizzle!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so 88-91 si cable tranny or 92-95 civic si hydraulic tranny on a crx si will the hydraulic tranny fit on the crx

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
tigasnatigas said:
so 88-91 si cable tranny or 92-95 civic si hydraulic tranny on a crx si will the hydraulic tranny fit on the crx
A hydro tranny will not work with your cable car, at least not with out a lot of work. To my knowlege no one makes a d-series hyndro into cable kit yet.

'88 Si trannys are different from the '89-'91. They have the same gearing, but the '88 Si's have a 21 spline input shaft, while the '89-'91's have a 20 spline shaft.

So, as I said in my original post, the best tranny you can get for your car is an 89-91 Si tranny.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
One kit has been made.

It require a custom clutch MC from Tilton and new mounts.

The cost was $1000 everything, including the chassis fabrication.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a 91 si hatch and im using my cable si tranny with my 95 ex motor! it works perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts