Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a crx 88:yes: d15b2 dpfi ...saturday night i was on howard franklin at lik 125mph at 5grand 4th gear when i let off and slowed do to about 70mph the car backfired when i pressed the gas pedal again and then died and started sputtering and want go over 800rpms without shuting down on me!!!

so the next morning i check my timing its on perfect ....when i pulled my spark plugs they was black and dry tht means??so i pull my dizzy cap and the screw tht goes in the rotor cap was out and the rotor was loose and spining free when i put the screw back after thinking tht was the problem didnt change a thing tho :(.if i turn the key to my car and press the gas pedal the car will rev high and if i keep it over 3grand the car will stay on if i let off it will sputter and jus die :dots:

ITS NOT OVER HEATING
THE TIMING IF ON
ITS GETTING GAS

what could be the problem need help asap!!!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
dont talk about racing or illegal driving on the d

it makes us all look like honda racer fanboys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bro i wasnt racing dude i was on the bridge jus me and my boy (in the car with me) and im asking whats wrong wit my car not racing

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
if you wanna bench race at least mention cars that impress me a tiny bit lol weaksauce

and i would bet my right nut its an ignition problem

or you checked the timing wrong cause it really sounds like a jumped timing belt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wasnt trying to impress you bro and i ant talking shit and how old ru ??im 17 bro wit two cars and i pay for it all myself and i kind of figured tht was the problem i jus lik to make sure i have my stuff str8 b4 i jump right in to anything ...o yea and by the way i bulit my ls by myself and thanks what you riding??

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
96 civic

and a 68 camaro that i also built, and paid for, by myself. your not special

theres a thread on here with her in the barn

theres always someone with a faster car or a bigger dog

now go double check your timing

edit 19...bro

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love camaros bro but i only lik the 69 ss z28 what you got in the civic ...

but umm do you guys think a obd1 dizzy will bolt to my d15b2 head ??
and can i run a obd1 dizzy off a pg7 obd0 computer ??(temp.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts