Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on how to check the clearances on the mainshaft of a crx si trans.
The trans has all new bearings, yes everysingle one along with a obx lsd that is already properly shimmed. Has stock final drive and gears

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a main shaft out of another transmission and that why I figured it needed to be. I use my honda manual to try and check clerances but the mainshaft sticks too far out. I need help

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
what mainshaft you using?????

CRX Si tranny is too vague of info, what year is yours and what year is the mainshaft?

$1 guess, either you are using a 92+ mainshaft or a 88-89 mainshaft in a 90-91 and you kept the spacer washer by the mainshaft.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
for one like bone said we need to know more details, tranny parts years and such, we also need to know what the issue is, are you trying to bolt the cases together and cant because the shaft binds when you bolt them together and have about a 3/16th gap between the cases?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cases and all the parts are out of a 90 or 91 si trans. I haven't bolted the cases together yet. I just want to measure the shim on the input shaft because Its not the original case that was with that input shaft. I just need to know how to measure it and i will post pictures.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
The cases and all the parts are out of a 90 or 91 si trans. I haven't bolted the cases together yet. I just want to measure the shim on the input shaft because Its not the original case that was with that input shaft. I just need to know how to measure it and i will post pictures.
about 500 dollars worth of honda tools will let you measure it.

What year is the case?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a 90 case and I already measured the shim for the lsd and it was fine and I have all the tools I need. Has anyone ever done this before. I am sure someone has switched out an input shaft before. It needs to be measured

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
You need OEM tools to measure it properly and accurately. Mainshaft collar, base and holder. They are expensive so its best to have someone with the tools shim it for you.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Factory Service manual is all you need.

I have MY ways around Aquafina's OEM ways, we shall meet and discuss this year if all goes right.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
for me i measured my endplay with no spring washer/ washer on the mainshaft and then mic'ed the spring washer and washer plus the shim in the case.

I then subtracted the endplay that i got from the total shim ammount and thats what my preload is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts