·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
If I had 200 bucks to spend, i'd hit it.

It doesn't have the motor mount bracket tho, doesn't the name brand (jimfab) have that?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i asked him if there was a warranty against breakage, and heres the response:

as with all race parts, there is no warranty against breakage. if there is a defect, then depending on the defect, yes i will replace whatever the problem is/was to get it back to working order. But to be honest w/ you, i havent had 1 come back to me yet and all my customers have had nothing but good comments about them.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
After riding my car Ryan you want a traction bar now dont you :) They work wonders.. I love my LCON but was 300 for mine new..

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
hmmm i might have to pic one of these up.....and as for there being no front mount just get iserts for the side and window weld the back one and you should be good.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would buy a well know one. What you can do is buy the front strut rod bushings from energy suspension for around 10 bucks. They will help with wheel hop and control braking forces alot better.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
berettagtz117 said:
After riding my car Ryan you want a traction bar now dont you :) They work wonders.. I love my LCON but was 300 for mine new..
if you were to ride in mine and see how much wheelhop i get, you would want one too, lol

D

·
0 Posts
What I see:

The welds on the end brackets to the bar...very strong

The weld from the end horizontal bracket to vertical end bracket....not strong at all, it needs one if not two triangle braces.

The front caster things on the front of the rods.... will limit forward and backwards travel, BUT will not help at all from up and down movement (that is what wheels hop was last I checked)

The caster joint on the lca end of the rod.... is this picture real, it must be a joke..ONE BOLT on that end. This defeats the whole purpose. This would make that joint on the lca a swivel point. Of course with the lca it would not allow it in and out travel, but it would enhance any forward and backwards travel fro the swivel (I know the previous owner of my car only had one bolt in ech side of my oem lca rods).

I'd rate this a 2/10 for a traction bar. Spend your 200 on a es bushing kit and get it installed.

Warrenty on breakage...who cares $20 and 30 minutes with a welder good make it stronger that it would need to be.

Garantee on no wheel hop after install...yeah right this thing would enhance it IMO

Warrenty on your ass flying off the road and killing somone....yeah right, from a $200 ebay item :(.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
ryan89crx said:
if you were to ride in mine and see how much wheelhop i get, you would want one too, lol
I would if you brang it down :)

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
civic90ex said:
both of you fellas, meet half way, and i'll trug along in my POS car....jeez

Who's bringing the booze?
Im down!
Ben you bring it :)

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
ryan89crx said:
its up homie, on the map you are above me :wink:

Ben, ill bring the booze if you are coming down, PARTY wo0t wo0t!!
Gotta get a t-body for my Z6 manifold, and an emissions test first

And maybe, a new clutch, since I scored a ZC tranny from icarusdown yesterday.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Shit man I am 23 :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts