Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recieved my ES poly strut rod bushings and i was wondering on the ease of install? i havent ever taken the arms apart so i dont know what i am in for. i dont want to pull it apart and come to find out i cant do it myself. are these something that i can do on my own or am i going to have to take it somewhere to get it done?

·
0 Posts
if you mean the controll arm bushings , you really need a press , the arms a reasonable easy to take off , but the bushings them selves need to be pressed out.
Tip, if a bolt doesn't want to move..stop and take it to a shop. If you snap one of those bolts ..youre buggered and it's better to let a shop with impact tools do the job.
If you can get the car on blocks and talk all the arms off, then take the arms to a shop with a press it should be cheep to have them pressed out and the new ones will just slide in, be generous with the lube they supplied.
hope this helps

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well in the catalog they are called Strut rod bushings, but i have hear them being called radius arm bushings or something of that sort. the part # is 16.7102. are these what you are talking about?

·
Banned
939 Posts
16.7102: E.S calls them strut rod bushings, Honda calls them radius rod bushings.

They're somewhat difficult to get to without removing the bumper, but it's doable. The nut on the rod end has a Nylok insert, so it won't spin off even after loosened. These are supposed to be replaced, so use your judgement as to serviceability. I remember having to use a socket with hex insert in the drive hole so I could turn it with a wrench, the socket and the ratchet wouldn't fit.

An alignment should go with this bushing replacement, but again, use your judgement.Enjoy.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
no, you shouldn't, make sure you use loctite on the threads back into the LCA and torque em back dow! and enjoy no more wheel hop!:beer:

·
Registered
910 Posts
To get a socket on the nut all you need to do is move the radiator upwards. Thats what i had to do. And you wont need an alignment, it will not affect it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts