Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if shit is misspelled ect. im doing this from a playstation vita as my laptop has taken a shit lol anyways. ive read that only the crx si tb will work with the zc mani. i was just wondering why? bolt pattern ? ports ? im in serious need of a new tb so im trying to see what my options are. also any other iac than whats listed ? im also having trouble finding that for a fair price. ive been slacking on the hatch lately but ive been able to put my talents to good use and am making decent money again so its time to get back to the grind !

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
depends on which ZC you mean, single cam? dual cam?

the single cam non vtec model is akin to the a6

the single cam vtec model is akin to the z6

the dual cam is the only d series dual cam.

so unless you have the crx with the dual cam then you shouldnt have an issue as you only need a new one, from the same model.

crx's have come with many different engines so you need to be specific about which crx you are referring to.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
i know you posted in the Zc area but this section is for the dual cam only, you are reading like you're referring to a single. In which case engine building or the NA section will get you more attention.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got the dohc zc in an ef hatch. the parts/ mods list says only the 1.6 crx / civic si will fit that manifold...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found one on ebay.. but damn 100 dollars for something idk if it even works is kinda steep ya heard ?

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
got ya, have you gone thru refurbished parts manufacturers or considered going AEM?

you might have to if you cant find a match.

maybe you can find an LS from the same GEN? they had ZC's in em too.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
well if your having trouble finding an OEm or its too expensive to order then yeah, AEM might be your only option.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
i spent about an hour searching to see if anyone used a sohc tb on a dohc, couldnt find it. Ive personally never done it, so i didnt suggest it.

so its doable? if so then yeah i would tell him just to grab an a6 or maybe one from an integra with the same engine.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
^^^
sounds like an answer to me.

grab anything same gen and go from there. Plenty of acura LS floating around with a tb probably in em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts