Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanna get a consensus about CRX fuel economy. mine is getting high 30's, low 40's -- far below EPA. i have an '87 HF.

please, tell/brag about your mpg, but make sure you say the trim and year

thanks!

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
89 crx si, i get about 30-40mpg. i love when people start talking about their new trucks and cars getting 18/20MPG!!!1:lol:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
'89 HF with a '90 a6 motor/trans, Intake and Exhaust, got 36mpg around town and 40mpg on the highway

threw a turbo on the same car, managed 32mpg around town and 36mpg highway :TU:

·
Registered
510 Posts
In my CRX DX all stock with 85 oct fuel I got an average of 43 mpg on the highway doing 80. I would pick up another 1 mpg by driving 70 and if I drove 55 it would go up a little more.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
91 crx dx i/h/e and get about 40-45 hwy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far these are pretty consistent numbers. as you may know, the EPA for crx HFs can get as high as 54 mpg combined and Sis can get 33 combined.

but is anyone here actually able to get as high as 50 with a stock crx?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
so far these are pretty consistent numbers. as you may know, the EPA for crx HFs can get as high as 54 mpg combined and Sis can get 33 combined.

but is anyone here actually able to get as high as 50 with a stock crx?
with the stock motor in my HF, i never even came close to 50mpg. i actually got better with the SI motor/trans

but then again, my HF motor wasnt in very good shape...

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
In 8831 miles my '91 Si has averaged 33.8MPG with an all time high of 41.2, and an all time low of 27.9.

I know this thanks to my snazzy spreadsheet I stole from someone years ago - I'll share it with you. I use openoffice, but I'm sure excel will open it with no problem. I use this for all of my vehicles - I'm weird like that.

CRX MPG Spreadsheet

Run a virus scan on it if you're the nervous type.

-Des!

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
i got 40 mpg with my a6, city and hwy mixed. i havent calculated my mpg with my sohc zc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
31-36 in city. JDM ZC. Really varies on how I drive, but before I put in a performance chip, it was easily averaging 35-36 in city.

·
Registered
119 Posts
when i had the stock motor and tranny in my 90 hf i got like 27-32. then i put in my ZC i got like 28-34. then i put in a SI tranny, 2 1/2" exhaust and short ram intake. now i get 32-40. i think the HF tranny i geared to high for power of honda motors

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe it's just that the stock hf motor is old now, and thus inefficient? it's hard to concieve that that is possible, because motors usually only age with use. my '87 has under 127k, but i am not getting over 40 mpg, even with my most efficient driving technique.

it's good to see that a lot of people here keep track of their gas mileage. i think mpg is just as important as performance :). my record is 38.1 mpg, but i have only used three tanks of gas so far in my car, and have improved from 32 mpg on my first tank.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
88 dx crapomatic, converted to mpfi, SI cam, ebay intake/header, junk flowmaster.

31-33 mixed. 36-37 with the majority of highway.

Worst of 28.

It used to get 35-36 mixed with the dpfi.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i drove my '91 DX halfway across the country, in the passes i managed about 35-38mpg, on the plains i got upwards of 40-45mpg :TU:

forgot about that car...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
well...
mine seems to be the worst so far.

'89 CRX Si

~27mpg city
~35mpg highway

then again,
I've got a suspect O2 sensor and I mash it a lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts