Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a mini me swap in a crx si.... would i be able to use the pm6 ecu or do i have to get something else? Also is a vtec controller needed? do i use the z6 dizzy? anything else im forgetting.

·
Registered
934 Posts
you can use the pm6 for the ECU as long as you use your SI dizzy. If you use the P28, you'll need the Z6 dizzy and convert to OBD-I and no need for a vtec controller. You can buy a OBD-0 to OBD-I converter for about $100 bucks on ebay or anywhere else for that matter. If you use the PM6 ecu, you'll need a vtec controller (VAFC) those go for about $200-250. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so it would be better to do a y8 head swap on a a6 due to the fact that the si dizzy would bolt right in, then i wouldnt have to convert to obd-1 and i wouldnt have a ghetto rigged dizzy. Ive also looked around crx mini me swaps and have not been able to find an info on intake manifolds. if i do a y8 head swap which intake mani do i use? im just curious because one goes up and the other goes out to the side.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also wouldnt mind just keeping the original a6 and just giving it a few mods... would it even be worth modding? i/h/e, aem cam gear, z6 intake manifold etc...i want to do the head swap, but i also need the car as a daily driver from and to college. So if i have problems i will be screwed...im just trying to explore all my options.

M

·
0 Posts
you dont have to get a vafc, they are a waste unless your using forced induction, just use a pm6 and get a rpm switch and wire vtec through that. saves time and hassle

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about modding the a6.. just with bolt ons as stated above... can someone give me insight if its even worth it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would use the y8 head and get the Z6 IM if possible. A rpm activator switch would work, however you need to factor the fuel curves during vtec and if your just activating vtec without correct fuel/air curves, your not going to get the most out of vtec. Modding the a6 can do wonders if you want to keep it. the good thing with non vtec motors is the the fact that you dont have to rely on vtec for extra power. It just depends on how much and what you want to do. I have a ef hatch and I pull from my buddys 93 ex(z6) with no probs and I only have a mild cam in my sohc zc which is the same as the a6. Its all up to you. the head swap would make you happy, but building the a6 will cost more than just a head swap I believe. Like I said its all up to you. good luck!

·
Registered
934 Posts
mycrx said:
you dont have to get a vafc, they are a waste unless your using forced induction, just use a pm6 and get a rpm switch and wire vtec through that. saves time and hassle
your allways better off being able to tune your car than just going the easy way out. IMO :)

PM6 + VAFC is a good combo, chipped pm6 w/turboedit and dataport is the shiznik!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts