Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving the rex today doing 30mph and heard/felt a loud BAM!!!! at first i though i drove over something that smacked the undercarriage. anyways i pulled over with the motor running looked around the motor and couldnt find anything out of the norm except for a little extra oil running down the block. It still runs and drives but if i go over 1500rpms it sounds like a combination of a old dirty lawn mower and a queef. I got home, let if cool off some and checked the plugs (little lean but not too bad) and did a compression test. my compression tester is a shitty autozone tester and for some reason i could really count the number of times it tried to kick over cuz it was too fast ha... never had that problem before. the test averaged 160-180psi across the board. ya thats a little low but i wouldnt think it would cause such a big problem. any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Background info:
192k miles on the dirty motor
it's a daily
installed a header 2days ago
valve seals are shitting out
added a little 5w30 today to the full mark
have been dogging on it since the header install a little

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
It sounds like an internal issue like valvetrain or pistons for sure cuz it only happens about a certain rpm range...where was the oil leakin from on the block? Did you put any new parts on recently that might have loosened up?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
listen to the noise. if it occurs at the same speed at the engine its your bottom end

if it occurs at half the speed of the engine, its something your valvetrain

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
listen to the noise. if it occurs at the same speed at the engine its your bottom end

if it occurs at half the speed of the engine, its something your valvetrain
damn..ive never thought of that....good idea cm

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
your valvetrain moves at 1/2 the speed as your crank. engine performance 101

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idk what it could be as of right now. I'll have to check when it's bright out. im gonna take off the valve cover tomorrow morning and take a look at the head. ill also take a look at the gaskets on the header just for shits and grins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts