Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well me and a friend of mine were heading back from a meet and were talking while waiting for the railroad track gates to go up from a freight train going by when we decided to do a couple of quick runs. he has a crx with a b16, gsr head, ctr and itr cams(i dont know which is on the intake and which is on the exhaust), lsd tranny with jdm final drive and the entire car was put together by cft and i have a 99 ex with i/h/e/50shot tuned with a vafc.

the first race we decide on a 20 roll. he honks it off and i spin a little and stay dead even till i through 2nd then instantly put a car-car and a half on him through third and pull out to 2.5-3 cars.

the second race we went from a dig. this time i honked it off. he bogged a bit but i got alittle excited and slipped the clutch too fast and just spun in place. i let out, get traction, then get back in it to have my front bumper at his by the end of first. by the end of second i had car and a half on him and let out.

this was my first kill with the spray.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
not bad. where do you live? you have to be in florida somewhere seeing that cft tuned his car.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
whats your set up?

·
Registered
686 Posts
You either have one crazy ass tune or your buddy can't drive. Sorry dude, and we can't blame cft for a shit build because those guys are pretty damned good. So it's one of the 2. You say you have an y8 with i/h/e on 50 shot and a tune and you beat a rex with a b16? I just can't believe it unless he can't drive. Dude I smacked my friends 97' EX with TD04H kit and all I had was a 87' REX w/ DOHC ZC and bolt-ons. Oh and I have a shit tranny and I beat him. I'd be willing to say he has as much power as yours and he lost to a n/a ZC? WTF.....nah....can't buy it. But I hate the B.S flag so I won't throw it. BUt I will say that it doesn't add up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts