Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
toss the egr if your exhaust manifold does not have provisions for it (at the very least get a d15b7 manifold), the purge goes on the back of the intake manifold.... youll need it if u have a usdm ecu still. the egr is pointless... use a p08 or a p28 ECU..... a P30 or P72 will work, but they would need to be chipped with new maps/sensors disabled.

The P08 (JDM D15B ecu) does not have the provisions/circuitry for the purge solenoid... so you would just need to leave it hangin or remove it from the car.

the bottom of the putge solenoid i believe goes to the manifold, and the top to the canister.

so basically, you only need to plug in the purge if your ecu has provisions for it... in that case you would also need to hook it to the canister and intake manifold.... if u need pics i can take some so u know how it goes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i have the P28 ECU and have completed converted everything over to 0bd1.

Now since i have the P28 ecu, can i cut the egr valve off? and if i do do i tape each wire individualy or splice them together? My last option is to leave it hanging and plug it off.

Jared if you can provide me with some reference pics it would be appreciated thanks for your help.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
ok, the EGR is uselsss, just cut off the plug, and tape off the wires all nice like.

At the manifold, plug it off, or better yet, get a manual for a 92-95 DX/LX. the intake (assuming your using the intake for a d15b7) should not have a place for the egr gas to come in so you should be ok with anything of that nature.

all my pics would be of obd1 stuff.... I dunno anyone with a civic that has an egr.

the wires coming off the egr plug will basically go to nowhere on the ecu... so you can just either leave the plug hangin or cut/tape off the wires to keep em out of the way.

just remember the obd1 conversion has a few other provisions other than a re-wire at the ecu... u need the new dist. wiring, and the 4wire o2 wiring.(again, just putting it out there)

if u still need more let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts