Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if these will fit a delsol? from my research the dimensions of the drums seem to be the same

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
Do they perform as well as normal drums? Are they even that much lighter? Isn't a del sol significantly heavier?

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
total weight of a delsol not really that much heavier than the 88-91 crx only about 200 lbs ( check sticky on honda weights) aluminum drums should perform better than steel ...somewhere between steel and disc...probably going to need drums anyways and thought since changing anyways...

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Just buy them. If they don't fit take them back. or

take dimensions before you go buy them or

ask them if you can see if it fits. Jack your car up, take off the wheel and see if it fits..........

Yeah. Get the weight difference, very curious. Another funny thing I heard was that the 88 doors are lighter.

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats probably what i'll have to do... at least if they don't have to be special ordered won't cost me anything

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yep about 200 lbs... old crx...1991 crx dx 2103 ...new car 95 del sol s 2387 ...actually almost 285 but still not that much different (

·
Registered
284 Posts
88-89 90-91 have a different seatbelt setup also.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
285 is different.

Have a 285 lb guy in your car when you run down the track.
then kick him out of the car and run again, see what happens.

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still not the nearly 600 lbs orginally posted and driver error? lanch technique usually bigger difference then this besides i am not drag racing my car..if i was into drag racing i'd be building a mustang instead...back to what this thread is actually about has anyone tried these hf drums on a 92+ civic or del sol?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts