Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got tired of having a stripped rear interior or towels in the back of my CRX. And I didn't like the idea of water dripping on my speakers. So I came up with this. Should work (amazing hasn't rained in forever, so I don't know yet).

Materials:
3/8" ID (or bigger) Nylon Hose
3/8" OD Nipple Pipe Fitting Thing
2x Bottles (NOS = Extra HP)
4x Black Zip Ties

Drill a nice hole in the cap of the bottles, thread the nipple thing into it, then drill a nice hole in the bottle bellow the cap (gotta let the air out of the bottle when it fills with water or it won't work). And drill a hole in the plastic panel in the indent for the hatch shock/strut. You want it in the lowest spot. I used 3/8" ID hose, but you can probably use 1/2"+ tubing. Super glue it in place. Use lots of glue so that it seals well. I drilled two holes in the cargo divider cover thing and ran a zip tie through it to hold the bottles. Cut tubing to size, put everything together, be happy.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
You are the fuckin man. The people who dont like this idea are jealous they dont have nos bottles in the trunk. lol

I used a NAWWSSS bottle for my looped power steering rack overflow. I vented it with pin holes on the top. This way I can say I haz NAWZZ uNdA Da Ho0D Y0!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tranzex already mentioned this but there are only two reasons that water drips from the struts.

1. (if equipped) your sun roof drains are plugged up with crap and need to be cleaned out.

2. On the roof of the car there are two moldings that run from the front to the back. Underneath of these moldings there is 20+ year old seam sealer that has cracked and is leaking water into the car. Remove the moldings, wire wheel out the old seam sealer and re seal it with new/better seam sealer.

Boom, no more water.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tranzex already mentioned this but there are only two reasons that water drips from the struts.

1. (if equipped) your sun roof drains are plugged up with crap and need to be cleaned out.

2. On the roof of the car there are two moldings that run from the front to the back. Underneath of these moldings there is 20+ year old seam sealer that has cracked and is leaking water into the car. Remove the moldings, wire wheel out the old seam sealer and re seal it with new/better seam sealer.
I'm fully aware of where the water might be coming from. I just don't want to potentially mess up my paint and the roof strips ripping them out and re-re-sealing it (body shop sealed it and installed new roof strips when it was painted in 09). I'd rather deal with emptying a bottle every few days one month a year than possibly fucking something up. Not to mention I don't think the roof strips are where the water comes from.

seal the cracks for $4, you spent more on the NOS drinks.
But then your still out of a great tasting tropical fruit tasting energy drink.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You win rep.

·
Registered
90 Civic Si
260 Posts
Its not hard. Been through this recently. remove the trim, pull the hatch loose and replace the gaskets on the Hatch hinges. Re-seal the roof welds and fix the problem. Why would you band-aid the problem?

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's like this. It can rain for a week, and one bottle will be full, the other half full. It's not worth the effort of taking the strips out, re-sealing it, and me fucking it up/making it ugly.

And it makes my car faster.

·
Registered
258 Posts
LOL awesome, maybe i should post my how to on here..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts