Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a query.
Are all d series flywheels the same? I’m after a flywheel and clutch for my crx 16v non vtec 1988. Ik struggling to find one at the moment direct from a crx wondered if all d series are the same from civics etc etc and if I can use a flywheel from a d15 or d16 z6 etc with a clutch to match on my d16a9 engine as they seen more available for the d15 and d16z6 etc

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
653 Posts
No they're not all the same. Things to look out for:

• Different spline counts on the trans input shaft
  • Different clutch diameters
  • Match the flywheel / pressure plate with the clutch diameter.
They can be interchangeable if you know the above.

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
70 Posts
The spline count is going to be the clutch disk. Clutch disk for the transmission, flywheel for the motor has been my experience.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
653 Posts
There's a machined section of the flywheel which matches the clutch diameter though. So they should match.

It is possible to run mismatching parts, but the clutch can overhang the machined part of the flywheel if it's missmatching.

·
Registered
89 CRX si
71 Posts
If you have an 88 transmission it is 21 spline.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,482 Posts
There's a machined section of the flywheel which matches the clutch diameter though. So they should match.

It is possible to run mismatching parts, but the clutch can overhang the machined part of the flywheel if it's missmatching.
If running a 212mm setup, the smaller 200mm disc still has full contact to the flywheel. Honda used old 200mm discs like this with 6G CX coupes to clear out the parts bins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts