Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so i got rid of my single cam ef hatch, and now all i have is a b20 vtec eg. I miss my ef because i always had projects, or somethin to do to it....so i got to thinkin that i wanted to buy like a $300 crx shell and have a budget build for basically a full drag car/weekend warrior

i was wanting to use a d-series motor, since i can find them dime a dozen and if built right, on boost it can be a fairly quick set up

the reason for posting this, is i was wanting to know what the best d-series motor combo would be for a boost application in a crx, basically i was wanting to built a strong longblock, maybe using varies d-series rods, heads, pistons, crank
also i was wanting to use a cable tranny, but i can still bolt up a hydralic tranny block, right?

alright well any suggestions on what parts to use for a cheap boost build will be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would the advantage of an a6 block be compared to the z6, and by forged internals do i have to go aftermarket, also ive been told that stock cam is best for boost, unless other parts of the valvetrain are upgraded as well

·
Registered
464 Posts
what would the advantage of an a6 block be compared to the z6, and by forged internals do i have to go aftermarket, also ive been told that stock cam is best for boost, unless other parts of the valvetrain are upgraded as well
deck height on the A6 is lower than the Z6 so this will bump ur compression ratio up .7
for a badass build kit w/ Viteras... Click Here
"FJT" also offers 138.5mm H-beams... hes a member on here (check the "SPONSERS SECTION"
as for the cam u will be ok w/ the stock cam for now, but a stage 1.. you can keep the valvetrain stock... unless you want to rev to 8500... then you'll wanna go w/ aftermarket or you'll experience "valve float" at high RPMs

G/L
Dr. Mike

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
from my experience the a6 block is less moody and a bit tougher than that of the z6 but listen to AUTOWORKS. in fact go check out their site

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
im rocking eagle rods in an a6 block/z6 head build.

good combo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts