Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 90 crx dx. I am looking to either do a mini me or swap out the entire engine for a y8. my question is with reliability and driving style. I am a college student and delivery driver and this car is my daily driver. so the most important thing for me is reliablility. Ive read the mini me decreases reliability. would it be worth just swapping in an entire y8. also since im not really using this on the track, should i possibly stay with a non vtec in order to get more power on the low end which is mostly where i will be using it. of course money is my second biggest factor. thanks for your help guys, and excuse me if my noobs are showing. :joint:

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,900 Posts
IMO like i said in another post today, keep your stock motor if its not in bad shape, mpfi swap, a6 cam, y series cam gear, good clutch, if possible si trans too.

none of what i listed decreases gas mileage, if anything it will increase it, what will decrease it is how you drive it and having a heavy foot. reliability is all in how you do it, cut corners and cheap out and your reliability wont be good. do it right the first time and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
2000 Civic DX hatch
202 Posts
IMO like i said in another post today, keep your stock motor if its not in bad shape, mpfi swap, a6 cam, y series cam gear, good clutch, if possible si trans too.

none of what i listed decreases gas mileage, if anything it will increase it, what will decrease it is how you drive it and having a heavy foot. reliability is all in how you do it, cut corners and cheap out and your reliability wont be good. do it right the first time and your good to go.
^^^ this...

I'm having deja vu as well si-hatch86, lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
deja vu for sure lol.

if you want to swap a vtec motor in, go z6 with y8 intake mani.

or mpfi on your current motor.

or, secret option c, you wont listen to anything we have to say anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.