Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking all over and can't figure this out. I am currently in the proces of fabbing up my charge piping on my CRX and I am running the cold side through were the AC condenser was. My question is.. Do you need to remove the windshield washer tank also? It looks like the charge pipe will be too low if I run it under the tank. Does anyone have a picture of the charge pipe on the driver side with the bumper off.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Its alot of extra work to go in by the washer, I marked out a nice hole right throught the chassie. I was basically able to come right off the cold side and straight throught the chassie, then i used a 180 to the intercooler. Do it however you thinks best, both will work. Not sure if you can really see what i did in the pics

Attachments

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Mine went under the frame and required no cutting or removing the washer bottle, however when i decided to add a proper air filter i ended up running the pipe for the filter threw the washer bottle hole so it ended up being removed after all.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
if you have a shorter intercooler (20x6x3 for example) and a 1/2 rad, you wont need to, just run a 90 off of the inlet and to the compressor outlet; but it is A LOT easier to just remove it. that's what i did.

look to the right

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its alot of extra work to go in by the washer, I marked out a nice hole right throught the chassie. I was basically able to come right off the cold side and straight throught the chassie, then i used a 180 to the intercooler. Do it however you thinks best, both will work. Not sure if you can really see what i did in the pics
Is that black plastic piping or metal?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys! That kind of sucks. No AC and no washer bottle. Is there any aftermarket fluid containers that might fit somewhere else? I'm still going to try to keep mine if at all possible. The salt here in the winter covers the entire windshield in about 60 seconds of driving. So I really need it. I'll post pics if I figure out a way to keep it. I'm actually going to post the whole build up soon. I just don't have the time right now.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys! That kind of sucks. No AC and no washer bottle. Is there any aftermarket fluid containers that might fit somewhere else? I'm still going to try to keep mine if at all possible. The salt here in the winter covers the entire windshield in about 60 seconds of driving. So I really need it. I'll post pics if I figure out a way to keep it. I'm actually going to post the whole build up soon. I just don't have the time right now.
when i figure out a way ill let yah know, i was waiting for spring time so i could search teh junk yards for a small bottle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts