Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellow single camers ! I am a long standing member although my account was deleted. I have been having a issue that I cannot for the life of me figure out . I am a pretty good mechanic and am completely stumped. My 90 si that I have wonder for 19 years was recently retired . The body was rotting in places I was no willing to fix. I Purchased another beautiful red shell from Miami . Before I stripped my original si it broke the DS axle 3 times . I use autozone axles and the car makes approximately 400hp. Now after it broke the third axle the situation had my attention . I swapped all my parts from my si onto my Red hf. This is a D16z6 swap with a cable synchrotec transmission . When the axle is seated in the transmission no thread even show through the hub . Now if you tighten down the axle nut it pulled the inner joint on the transmission side apart . The engine sits fairly level in the car . I didn’t have to pry or force the motor in in any way. I have innovative mount with new bushings pressed in . I DID build this motor about 8 months ago( Y8 to z6). I cannot remember if I changed to DS post mount .I don’t know if it is actually a axle problem or mount issue . Passenger side axle does not LOOK bound up .OEM axle and AutoZone axle or about the same length.Either way the issue followed me from one body to the next. Please see pics. Thank You in advance for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's up guys. I posted this in the transmission section a few days ago and only had a few people look at it ,and no responses. I have been having a issue that I cannot for the life of me figure out . I am a pretty good mechanic and am completely stumped. My 90 si that I have owned for 19 years was recently. I Purchased another beautiful red hf shell from Miami . Before I stripped my original si it broke the DS axle 3 times . I use autozone axles and the car makes approximately 400hp. Now after it broke the third axle the situation had my attention . I swapped all my parts from my si onto my Red hf. This is a D16z6 swap with a cable synchrotec transmission . When the axle is seated in the transmission no thread even show through the hub . Now if you tighten down the axle nut it pulls the inner joint on the transmission side apart . The engine sits fairly level in the car . I didn’t have to pry or force the motor in in any way. I have innovative mounts with new bushings pressed in . I DID build this motor about 8 months ago( Y8 to z6) .I don’t know if it is actually a axle problem or mount issue I have had these mounts for years with no issues . Passenger side axle does not LOOK bound up .OEM axle and AutoZone axle are about the same length.Either way the issue followed me from one body to the next. Please see pics. Thank You in advance for any help or ideas

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
btw, starting a new thread with the same issue in the wrong section isn't really needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
measure axle length full compressed and extended..
The axle appears to be 36” compressed and only about 36 3/4” fully extended. I appreciate your response buddy .

SLO EG in nearly 3 days only 9 people saw my post, so I posted In a busier section, and clearly stated that.Thanks for your help though .

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
this place is practically a ghost town, its also the weekend. don't expect instant replies. this isn't facebook

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
this place is practically a ghost town, its also the weekend. don't expect instant replies. this isn't facebook
Give me my hammer back!!!! LOL!

Nope, no longer want to deal with it.

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
69 Posts
That ABS ring... EG axles are different lengths than ED axles. I tried using a junkyard EG axle on the passenger side of my CRX and I couldn't get the ball joint back in place - the axle wouldn't compress enough. Maybe they moved the engine over a couple inches going 4th-5th gen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That ABS ring... EG axles are different lengths than ED axles. I tried using a junkyard EG axle on the passenger side of my CRX and I couldn't get the ball joint back in place - the axle wouldn't compress enough. Maybe they moved the engine over a couple inches going 4th-5th gen?

I had a guy at AutoZone pull an EG Axle and it was just over an inch shorter than my Crx axle. I also got the dimensions of my axle to insane shafts and they told me the DS axle I have is the correct axle . I tried swapping out the DS post mount and it didn't move the engine at all. I also tried using another stock hub thinking the hub could have been bent somewhere . No luck . The car is still on jackstands 😡

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You swapped in your Si knuckles, right?

Yes sir . Every single piece on the car is for an si. I bought a seperate oem knuckle/hub assembly to see if mine was bent or wrong and it changed nothing . I have no idea what it could be !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No , I have never run any front mount on the car. I never needed too. I have had innovative mounts for years. About 6 no the back I had new bushings pressed in.

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
69 Posts
I ask because someone posted about getting an Innovative rear mount that looked to be the automatic transmission version, which is shifted over an inch or two compared to the MT mount (more or less a left/right mirror image). That would throw the front mount way out of position, but since you're not running one...
Of course, that would probably mess up the side mounts as well. But again, aftermarket mounts - maybe they got "re-engineered" for a second production run and somebody screwed up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts