Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 91 crx with a d15b6. When i start the car when cold it idles at like 2k. Then it will start hunting from 2000rpm down to like 1500rpm. WIll not stop going up and down. I changed all my vacuum lines. Cleaned the Eacv. Can't find the problem. I believe these motors don't have the FITV, right?? When i remove my air intake, I see 1 hole in the throttle body which is sucking air, When i put my finger over it my car idles fine. What can my problem be? Not sure if my throttle plate is closing all the way, will this affect anything? What else can i do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK here is an update, Today i took off my throttle body and there is NO FITV on it. I cleaned the throttle plate, The inside of the throttle body, and replaced the gasket with a new honda gasket. Assembled it all back together and the idle still hunts. When i start the car it idles at 2k rpm. A few seconds after i start it i get a loud hissing noise from the inside of the throttle body and the idle starts bouncing up and down. I covered the hole inside the throttle body that is sucking air in, and it idles normal when my finger is blocking the whole. What else can i do to try and solve this annoying problem. For now i leave the eacv unplugged because the car idles normal when its unplugged!! But when its cold out, it will stall if i don't hold down the gas till it warms up. So i want to fix this problem so i can plug in the eacv and have the car idle normal with no bouncing idle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.