Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone up for a meet for Cruisin' Week in Ocean City MD?

Starts Wednesday May 14th, ends Sunday May 18th.

Lots of attractions, cars women etc.

It would be best to get 3-4 people per room as hotels jack up rates for events like this. Went last year and the room was like $150/night

I intend on going this year as well.

More info on events can be found at http://www.oceancitycarshows.com/cruisin.php

Let me know who's in, book rooms early and you usualy get cut some slack on the rates.

Ninja Edit: BTW, for those who attend, FFS please do not drive like an asshat or do anything stupid in your car when you get to the area. My friend Joe did a burn out at the first light when we got inside the harbor. Got pulled over by, of all things, a bicycle cop. $50 ticket, 2pts on his lincense and they spot checked his car for illegal mods.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ummm id be up as long as i got my sol up and ready, which im sure i will. im in school till thursday, than im done, so id only be able to stay thursday night i think through sunday.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm id be up as long as i got my sol up and ready, which im sure i will. im in school till thursday, than im done, so id only be able to stay thursday night i think through sunday.
That's all I plan on staying. Best two days are Friday and Saturday. Usualy have the Funk Master Flex import show and then all the hotrods cruise the entire boardwalk

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well id def. be up for it. i might have a buddy or two that would want to go

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well as of right now i have no female to take, but it could change. id rather pick one up there

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well as of right now i have no female to take, but it could change. id rather pick one up there
It's kinda like vegas... What happens at cruisin week stays in cruisin week :)

So far:
Me
Friend Bobby, sent me a small deposit for a room
1.5Slowmatic -maybe-

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
gonna talk to some peopl tomorrow. ill get back to you

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well, i have 2 people that want to go. ones a chick and the other is my best friend, so we may end up just getting our own room, but i def. wanna be in the same hotel as you that way we can still get together along with the other people

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i have 2 people that want to go. ones a chick and the other is my best friend, so we may end up just getting our own room, but i def. wanna be in the same hotel as you that way we can still get together along with the other people
that's cool, wouldn't wanna put anyone out on the floor lol

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
yeah. i actually got another so i got a room filled. lemme know what to do about getting a room and where

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah. i actually got another so i got a room filled. lemme know what to do about getting a room and where
I usualy hit up hotels.com and sites like that. The closer to the convention center you are the higher the rates are.

I'll probaly end up at the Princess Bayside. It's ~$150/night for 2 beds and a sleeper couch. 4 heads to a room is a little under $40 a night

Comfort Inn is looking good too. Oh yeah, make sure you check the parking shit too. Princess Bayside has some steep ass parking garage ramps hehe

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well the sol isnt to low so i wont have a problem, but that sounds like a plan. ok, ill look into the room and let you know

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the sol isnt to low so i wont have a problem, but that sounds like a plan. ok, ill look into the room and let you know
I'm callin the 2 hotels I listed tommrrow AM and consulting with my small crew on how bad they want their wallets to get raped

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ill probably look online. Lemme know which one you decide

·
Registered
224 Posts
I went for Cruisin' Week 2 years ago with my friend and it was all muscle cars and street rods. We had a great time talking with all the owners and hearing about the buildup of each car and all the racing stories they had. Just make sure you don't do any burnouts or speed down Coastal Highway. Cops are in full force during that week and that's when they make their bread and butter. We must have seen around 100 cars pulled over getting tickets (and I'm not exaggerating I'm being dead serious). Best thing to do is hang out on the sidewalk or something and watch all the cars go by.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts