Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting the highest end cam from either or company i just wanna know for price wise which is better... Bang for the buck...

Looking at:

Crower Stage 3 or Bissi X

Which one is better for the price im doing high compression with ITBS

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what octane would i have to run cuz i dont want race fuel shit aint cheap and i wanna use this thing on the street

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
lol, "Stage 3 or X" Is going to require "Race Fuel"

Also, they are not streetable at all. You will want to look at Stage "2"

Right off of Bisi's site.
Years of research and development with the world renowned WebCamshaft Company has yielded an array of Bisimoto Spec camshafts for the inline 4 and V6 powerplants. Street, race and dyno tested, Bisimoto specs have been utilized around the world with amazing results and broken records. Twin cam springs are of the dual springs variety. All SOHC springs are singular in nature. Power figures are available upon request. Vtec specs depict vtec engaged lobs only.

Level 1: street duty, excellent idle quality, emissions friendly.

Level 1.2: street/strip Turbo duty, good idle quality.

Level 2: street/strip duty, mild idle lope, good for strokers.

Level 2.3: Nitrous duty, slightly lopey idle.

Level 2.4: race duty Turbo ONLY, mile idle lope, high RPM duty, Engine Management System (EMS) required.

Level 3: heavy street, race duty, aggressive idle lope, Engine Management System (EMS) or carburators required..

Level X: Pro series, full race profiles, use EMS or carburators only.
Notice that X are Carbs only... and he isn't kidding. ITB's won't cut it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
how much more power over stock does bisi stg 2 make compared to a crower stg 2 or 3...

ok put it this way what is the bast cam for an ITB set up on a D16Y8 i need to have enough power out of a cam to use itbs and i dont wanna go over 94 oct ... goal kick integras and have a shit load of fun

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
Depends on tuning and what is done to the engine. Your best be is to use google and burn a bunch of search hours.

Also, Call them both and get Cam specs to compare. Find out what works best for you.

Basically, I'm telling you to research the shit out of them and your build. You will find your answer and it will fit you and your build better then any of us giving biased opinions.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
krychek57 i agree.. we should stop wanting the " the biggest cam, or the highest cam "

and not wanting super high comp and race gas cuz i wana street it..

theres a reason there are Race cams and Street cams, for the very same reason as their name.. Race and or Street...

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
:dots:

whats the matter with this picture. . .

I want to make lots of power but I dont want to spend money

I want high horsepower, but I want it to be reliable and streetable

any high lift cam with high compression or even with out high compression requires more work than just slapping it in your motor and going. you need upgraded valvetrain and major porting just to use the potential of both cams you listed. you will need a tune to use the potential too. . . generally people build a race engine (full rebuild from the ground up, with high horsepower parts and lots of machine work for all the new goodies to perform properly) you need to think this out and decided if you want to build a race engine or want to save alot of money and retain your daily driveability. personally im building a bit of both worlds for my girl's delsol its high comp but not so high that she has to run crazy gas, its cammed but I chose a bisi level 2 and valvetrain so all that money spent boring/milling/decking all new parts dont go down the toilet because I got an aggressive cam and snapped my valves and they smashed the pistons, casing a piston to explode and blowing a hole in my block, while all the other valves mashed up my perfectly massaged cylinder head, snapping my sick cam from bisi :dots:

/ rant

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
149 Posts
how much more power over stock does bisi stg 2 make compared to a crower stg 2 or 3...
About 'Bisi Level 3 i just tell you what he tells me at http://forum.bisimoto.net/:
I: "In theory, how much power than Crower stage 3 can it give me -with proper tune of course-...?
'Bisi: Based on customer feedback, about 8% more".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About 'Bisi Level 3 i just tell you what he tells me at http://forum.bisimoto.net/:
I: "In theory, how much power than Crower stage 3 can it give me -with proper tune of course-...?
'Bisi: Based on customer feedback, about 8% more".

lol thankyou thats the answer i was looking for ... i know it cost a lot of money and i have the money to put into this... for fuck sake im using hondata s300 to tune ... i just want and itb's street car ... and from research i found that you need to raise the compression and have a bigger cam than stock to beable to tune it easier... I just wanna know whats the best cam to get for itbs and so far its looking to be bisi stage 2 cuz any bigger and i will have to use race fuel ... and i know i have to port out and upgrade vaulve traine ... im not that dumb any cam mod should have an upgrde lol

you noobs lol jk

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
If you were'nt that dumb, you wouldnt have needed to be told a Level 3 or X cam wont work for you.

Its evident you arent near as knowledgeable or experienced as you would like to believe.

Dont come here with your big plans for your big money build, just to cop an attitude with people that offer advice on how to keep from fucking yourself.

And for fucksakes, take a moment to spell correctly.

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
149 Posts
lol thankyou thats the answer i was looking for ... im using hondata s300 to tune ... i will have to use race fuel ...
Race fuel it's o.k. basically when you raise C/R over 13:1 -or more- and you must avoid detonations.
But IMHO you could running 'Bisi Level 3 fine on pump gas with 12.5:1 C/R w/o any problem, proper tune on your S300 and a not short list of mentioned modifications.

You said your motor is a D16Y8.
I think you need this:

·
Formerly weebeastie
934 Posts
Bisi vs Crower

Bisi advised me to use the Level 3 hardweld on my build, but I didn't have the $$ to get it at the time. I may upgrade at some point, but I'm completely happy with the Level 2 that I got from Bisimoto.

Crower stage 3 is comparable to a Bisimoto Level 2 camshaft and of course I'm gonna recommend Bisimoto because he'll take the time to set the camshaft up for your specific build! Good look getting Crower to do that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.