Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,i Have A Stage 2 Crower Camshaft. When I Purchased It,the Crower Website Said Vtec Controller Recommened. I Was Wondering How Many People Are Using This Stage 2 Turbo Cam And If So Do I Need The Vtec Controller? Thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
have u installed the cam yet? does it idle? the thing with cams is it moves the power band. so you need to compensate for fuel/ignition. i know with the stg2 NA cam that the idle needs to be leaned out a little to get it to idle once warmed up. vtec point also changes due to the trq curve...

if u have obd1 car, just get ur ecu chipped and tune it that way. far better than the vtec controller because with vtec controller does not tune ignition...

when you add fuel with vtec controller it moves the timing graph up or down on a linear scale with the fuel...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i have an obd1. My ecu is a stock p28 which i know is a pretty good computer,at least thats what i have been told.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thye cam cam isnt installed yet,i have been rebuilding a z6 from the ground up so nothing is realy installed yet

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
yeah get that ecu chipped and also get an adj cam gear along with the cam to get the most out of it. are you upgrading springs/retainers for the cam too?

how is your bottom end? if u want to go above stock redline that is def recommended to upgrade the rod bolts aswell

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
yea i have an obd1. My ecu is a stock p28 which i know is a pretty good computer,at least thats what i have been told.
It's good for the stock engine it was designed/programmed for...
If you do changes to the engine, you need to adjust the ECU accordingly...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i have a cam gear,crower reatainers and valve springs. My bottom end consist of srp rods with arp rod bolts and vitara turbo pistons.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
fpr is no good get a true management system like chipping ur p28, then tune with crome or another program. crome is free unless you get pro which is 150...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where do i get a chrome for free? Sorry,i know about engines,but i dont know shit about tuning

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i went to that website,if im correct i can download chrome right? What next? I would have to find sum 1 to tune?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so im gonna buy a tuned ecu. But until i get that,my engine isnt gonna blow or ne thing if i run it with that cam is it?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
i would like to help out here...but i would need to know you exact set up...what are you building, exactly...this includes the motor, internals, bolt-ons, etc...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts