Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I have been searching on here and other sites trying to find someone who has used Crower's stage III cam in a forced inducted engine. We haven't had any luck getting the info. Does anyone have experience with this camshaft? We're building up a nice z6 head for his car, and are wondering whether or not to stick with the Stage II turbo cam (or Zex 59300) or go with the more radical stage III cam from Crower.

Input from actual users would be great.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am pretty sure Rexinre or RyanCRX89 were running this configuration, but neither my brother ^^ or I have been able to find any info.

Like he said, Input from actual users would be great. And Oscar, your input would be nice too!

Thanks in advance!

*edit*

We already have the titanum retainers, stiffer springs and new valves ready to go in

O

·
0 Posts
the lift and duration on the cams are totally different. if you have not purchased a cam yet, then get the turbo cam, if you alreayd bought the cam and it's in the car used (not new int he box) then just use it, but keep in mind you might not gain as much as you would with the proeprly designed turbo cam.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
NA cams rock w/ FI! Bottom line.

O

·
0 Posts
berettagtz117 said:
NA cams rock w/ FI! Bottom line.
That's a matter of opinion.

a good turbo cam can do the exact same thing and better under FI apps than a NA big cam. it's all in how you designed your system and how you set it up.
if Na cams were better then why did Crower, crane, cometation and the others take the itme to even design a turbo cam int he first place? why spend 10s of thousands or more a cam for something that what they had would already work? marketing the cam as a turbo cam would not gain them enough $ if it was not real.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
oscarmayer said:
That's a matter of opinion.

QUOTE]

It is, but I have tried them and NA cams walk all over turbo cams, and stockies unless you pay high dollars for custom cam w/ specific build and kit..

O

·
0 Posts
maybe that's why my setup works so well with a turbo cam and some of the otehr's I've worked with. the guys are willing to spend the $ and get things done to get best power and relyability.

I do know first hand that on a car dyno a guy with a newer greddy kit went from 242 wheel pwoer to 240 wheel pwoer by jsut swapping the cam and no extra tuning, then when tuned he went to 251 wheel power and better midrange and slightly sooner spooling than the NA version cam.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
^^Exactly Tuning is key no matter what cam you are running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts