Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a Crower Stage 2 Turbo camshaft for my y8, however I don't wanna turbo it until next year. I was wondering if it'd cause any problems in an NA setup.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
why on earth would you want to wait a year to boost your car??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You should get your turbo kit first than look into the cam. That is just me. A turbo kit will make more power than any cam swap into a d-series when it's properly tune, of course.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a Crower Stage 2 Turbo camshaft for my y8, however I don't wanna turbo it until next year. I was wondering if it'd cause any problems in an NA setup.
Thats what Im doin! Might as well get the motor broke in b4 boostin!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I can get a greddy turbo kit installed and tuned for 2600 NZD. That's why I'm saving. lol.
holy crap man.... spendy..... peice a used greddy kit together( what i did) or peice one together in general and save a ton of cash man.... you wil be much happier in the end... and wait on the cam.... make sure you have the turbo kit first... like bomber said...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's pretty tricky finding the parts down here in NZ second hand. I don't know of anyone who's turbo'd a d16, most people go for skylines or wrx's down here. Pre-turb'd, pfft! Who wants something that's turbo factory huh?

I'd rather pay that price and get a warrenty with it anyways tbh. Only gonna run 6 psi for starters, I know it can handle 8 but why push it?

How hard is it to install a turbo kit, considering that I'm a motor-noob?

·
Registered
202 Posts
yea men do not get a turbo can because is not time if you put the turbo can would affect your motor on the timing and aslo you gona have to tune the car and you will spending more money if you do it know why don just wait for the turbo kit first and then put the turbo can all at onces that way u do not pay twice on tuning your car, be passion

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I'm guessing you're in New Zealand? Yeah, can't image there being an abundant amount of D-series stuff period there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's why my build is gonna cost alot! But it'll be worth it, probably the only sohc turbo civic down here. Everyone else just swaps out to the dohc's, one guy I know just sold his sedan with an h22a. I'd rather turbo mine though, way more unique!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Save your money, dont get the cam yet.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
The Crower Stage 2 Turbo/SC cam will be fine for NA purposes, just a little less exhaust duration. It won't be OPTIMAL, but still better than stock!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts