Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this cam would work well with a 300 to 350whp build? I have found some stuff that compares just the normal stage 2 turbo cam and the stage 2 na cam but cant find much on the street/strip cam. I found one for 300 with a AEM cam gear. Trying to find out if will work well for what I am wanting.

Setup is as follows:
z6
JE/Eagle combo 9.0:1
60 trim t3
Cometic HG
stock head
60mm tb
fmic
etc

Can get full mod list if needed.

Here is a link to cam in question.
Crower Stage 2 Street/Strip Cam 92-95 Honda D16Z6 - CI Motorsports

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
No experience with that cam, but I made good high end power with there stg2 turbo cam, from the profile of that cam u ask that's more of a n/a cam. Honda Camshaft
My bet someone suggest delta cam in here

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was thinkin the Delta but wasnt sure. Do you have the cam profile of the turbo cam so I can compair side by side cause I really dont know what I am looking at and I know on the website I posted the link to it said it was a good mild turbo cam. I just dont know if my build counts as a mild turbo setup or not.

I can also have this cam this week and the delta I would have to send them my core have them do it and then send it back. I want to have my motor together by the end of next week. I prob dont really even need a cam but I know it would help make more power.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My bet someone suggest delta cam in here
for that price i would recommend a 272-2 delta cam...
:yes:
Hear great stuff but yet to see a single dyno sheet of the 272-2 of all those who bought the delta group buy. That site that you posted looks as legit as ssautochrome parts, anyways here's the turbo cam profile of the crower stg2 from actual crower site.
http://www.crower.com/products/camshafts/honda/honda-d16z-vtec-sohc-turbo-camshaft.html

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After lookin into it I may not have even posted the right one. The kid said it is a stage 2 street/strip cam. He didnt have the part number at the moment. I am goin to go through the ones they offer for the motor and see if there is only one street strip cam they have to offer for my motor and if that website even listed the right info.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after more review and help from here I guess I will have to pass on this cam. Is the AEM cam gear worth gettin at $75 at least?

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
you can get a shunk 2 cam gear for less than that iirc.... im gonna be running a 3.6 bisi cam so... the 272 cams ppl have run with great success... the 272-2 is like bisis 2.4 iirc

·
Registered
257 Posts
i got crower stage 2 cam in mine when i had it in there felt a little difference just had comp cam valve springs, idle wasn't that bad but after a whole new rebuild on the bottom end and head with a port and polish its low comp right now and it feels a lot better and idles a little bit kinda rough but over all i like the performance of it btw its the non turbo cam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts