Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a crower stage 2 na cam in my turbo car. is it better off just running the stock cam? and i was thinking of switching to the delta 272-2 regrind and if there was gonna be any huge gains from the crower stage 2 na cam to the delta 272-2 cam. also am i loseing power by using the crower stage 2 na in the turbo car compare to a stock z6 cam??

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
depends how much boost you are running. if you think of it this way... if you start with a higher baseline so you can make more power per pound boost if all other variables stayed constant, IE turbo being used. between stock or stage 2 cam, run the stage 2 cam. i think the na cam is a little more aggressive than the turbo cam, but there is less overlap.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
The stock cam should have more overlap than the stage 2 NA cam. Stock cam might be best in this situation. Whats your compression ratio?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so running the stock cam be better then the crower right now? and im guessing the detla 272-2 would be a lot better? and ill see some hp gains from the delta right? im making 302 right now at 18psi with the bullseye s256 turbo its same size as a gt 30 and using a sls top mount manifold. heads been ported also using comp cam valve springs, eagle rods with the vitara 75.5. i was hopeing to get about 350 with this set up but i end up nothing making that much and i think its my cam thats stopping me from making more power even though its a stage 2 its for na. i want to switch over to the delta 272-2 but not sure of how much gain ill get if im able to get about 350 or around there just with the cam change then i'd be happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts