·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is better on a d16y8 - all motor set up?????? need your vote guys. tnx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there some on here who love the zex cam and claim it has great power while producing great midrange. there are others who love the crower2 and say it makes greater top end. talk to people around here. builthatch just had his crower dyno'ed making 159whp, and i believe he said with cam timing untouched to produce and keep a nice torque range too.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
yea i was thinking about the crower 3 back when i got the zex but didnt have enough to upgrade the springs so i said ill just go with the 59300 but someday ill upgrade.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Crower baby! you know you can have them make your own stage like 3.5 or 4, just give;em your spec's they make one from blanks. How about those apples!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tnx guys for all the info u shared.......i really do appreciate it....i know that the crower 3 is a very powerful cams....but cant really go that far yet.....so juz wanna limit the choices between crower 2 and zex 105300... hope u guys know what i mean.......tnx again guys!!!!

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
eyes said:
tnx guys for all the info u shared.......i really do appreciate it....i know that the crower 3 is a very powerful cams....but cant really go that far yet.....so juz wanna limit the choices between crower 2 and zex 105300... hope u guys know what i mean.......tnx again guys!!!!
in that case, i am more than happy with the off-throttle torque and overall performance of the Crower 2. It gives you passing power, even in the wrong gear-

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
i love the 105300, i wish i had a high rev limit though cause it feels like it wants to take the motor past 7200 like nothing, great power from idle to red.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love how my y8 pulls on vtec, with my crower 2.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What about with a nitrous set-up? Which is the best cam?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Say no more, Crower 2, and 9000, I don't think S/3 will stay that far, but you should contact Crower before you buy anything, tell what you want, have them make it. best way to go.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
All Show said:
What about with a nitrous set-up? Which is the best cam?
zex would be better with nitrous. Look at its specs, its almost made to be a turbo/nitrous/sc cam. Extremely high lift with short duration. However the crower stage 2 is a NA cam, less lift, more duration, etc. Of course Crower also offers a stage 2 turbo cam. If running boost, then it is better to compare crower's stage 2 turbo cam to the zex 59300/105300 cams.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts