1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
nope...nobody...who would ever wanna use a FREE tuning program

·
Registered
273 Posts
ah hahaha. i was actually wondering the samething today. a friend of mine is trying to sell me a s300 but still on the fence. he want a lot for it. anway, in for results also.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm on it and has been good for me!
Anyway, what are you all tuned with
just so you know, that was mostly sarcasm ^^^

most people on here run chrome or neptune or something else free, with the big ballers running hondata :TU:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have used it and still use it. I seem to make good power just have to know what your doing in the program. There isnt much out there on how to tune with crome. Yes there is no support with it lack of features and what not. Im not going to change unless i really need a super easy interface lol helps that im a network admin so programs just come naturally to me.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i usually use crome on anything under 300, because thats what we see on the street the most, any more i see my customers step to s300, i know a few guys that made 400+ on crome pro and there are two articles on crome tuned h22's that make 600-750whp. i would say, its sufficient. i have an old version so i missed a lot of the bugs and newer stuff that causes issue at startup, so i like mine, been using it for 6 years and about 1000-1100 cars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A tuner will usually try to convince you to go Neptune RTP or S300 just because it's easier to use, but Crome works, especially if you get a tuner that has lots of experience tuning with it. People made turbo honda's work with piggybacks and fpr's back in the day :lol:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I went from crome to hondata.

reason = full crome setup:

chip kit $20 +shipping
chip burner $85 +shipping
data logging cable $35 +shipping
emulator $175 +shipping
crome pro license $149

=$464 +shipping

vs.

Hondata S300 V.2 $490 +shipping

does everything the crome setup can do but is all on one small board that fits right into the ECU and can be reprogrammed without opening the ECU ever again. It's also more user friendly. more tuners prefer it and it's more stable code. The software is free.

So for $26 more I'll take it over crome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unless you have a chipped ecu and have the car tuned by someone who has all the tools listed above, it's cheaper, but you can't make changes yourself down the road if you upgrade turbo, motor, injectors etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I can see the under 300 HP on crome, makes sense but I'm only at 9psi this is all I need, and also the most I'll go is 12psi and it will hold even with crome

1 - 20 of 53 Posts