Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having a problem with crome tuning. Eveytime I burn a chip and install it, it runs ok but when i go to give it gas it tries to die. like the tps is acting up? It also sound like it's missfiring. I'm using the moates M1 burner and software. I'm using p13 base maps in a p28. It also did the same thing when i tried to burn a chip for my friends b16 using the crome p30 base maps. is there something i'm missing here or maybe something i'm not doing right? And it is the chip, because when i put the one that came in the ecu back in, it doesn't do it anymore. But the one that came in it is the wrong base map for my engine.. I'm lost

·
Registered
9 Posts
coould be the crome program....
try finding a know working basemap and burning it to see if its not just the program.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Everytime you burn a chip or modify it, you need to save it before you rewrite it to chip!!! I had same problem and thats all it was.. Try saving it first and let me know if it works :)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, when i load the buffer, then try and verify it, it says FAILURE: verification failed(not matched). the chip I'm using is from moates.net it is an AT29C256? is the file too big? how do I change it?

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
sounds like a bad chip. try a new one.

Check the settings on flash & burn.

It should say in the chip addressing, start address in hex 000000, end address in hex 007FFF.

Buffer Addressing, Start address in hex 000000, end address in hex 007FFF

Good luck

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it was a bad chipping job, the ecu came with a program. It has a solid cell even with this chip. can it be fixed?

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Check the back of the board for any solder that spilled over on other contacts, if there is clean it up.

Also you could have some cold solder joints where the solder did not get hot enough to make a good connection.

Also check to make sure that the person who did the chipping job used the proper resistors and capacitors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts