Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...

crome pro VS ectune pro...
what are the advantage of ectune? what extra features this have over crome ?
ectune only works with innovate wide?
i know ectune dont write bin, only by ostrich... i will have ostrich so no problem about this.

so, pros / cons ?

and about the wideband...??
aem uego or innovate lm-1? what are the differences?
both works with crome/ectune/p28 ? i can use both in my pc/ecu ? both good ?

pros / cons ?

:rockon:

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Ectune has a better, cleaner interface, more features, better incoperated datalogging, less timing issues (Crome has some problems someimes holding steady ignition timing, which is not so good for keeping your engine together), and better customer support.

The LM-1 is pretty freaking fantastic, but i don't know much about the AEM. I do know that all innovate products are widely supported by just about every program out there, and the AEM is not as widely supported.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Sure, Innovate's stuff isn't perfect, but they really do have top notch customer service and, well, innovative products. LOL!

Like I said, I don't know what supports the AEM unit. ECTune and Crome both support any of the Innovate wideband units.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ectune license is 1year only.. humm, that suckz ...
point for crome!

anyone?

right from the ectune site:

Q: How does eCtune's licensing work?
A: eCtune provides a one year license for most of our product versions. This includes the DIY and Pro versions.
The one year license does not mean that you will have to purchase eCtune again after your one year license has expired, it only means that after that period you will need to re-register your copy of eCtune.
This is a very painless process that takes only a few minutes to complete.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
you get what you pay for.

i see now that there is more to ectune than the software. the community is excellent. the service is top notch. as is the software.

i am truly happy with my purchase. it is the best software EMS.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Innovate widebands are better to use with ectune.Serial logging. No more ground offset issues.Honestly any ems will support any wideband almost as long as you know the voltage tables.

ectune hands down wins in a vs crome battle.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Im a cromepro user
with LM1 / hulog / ostrich2 & burn2 all from xenocron.

I love cromepro. But where it is weak, eCtune becomes the better choice (all of what beave mentioned)

For me, excellent timing resolution and spot-on accurate afr readings, mean everything.

For that, I'm very interested to save up for an eCtunePro alongside what I already have, possibly another dedicated ostrich for it if necessary.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,388 Posts
one thingi have noticed about the aem WB is that it has a slight delay in display. its slight, but enough to be annoying. innovate is right on the money.

·
Registered
92 Posts
another thing to remember about the aem w/b is that it can only use one input at a time. so if you want to "monitor" your afr's then that is all it can do at one time. If you want to datalog your afr's then thats all it can do at one time. it cannot use both outputs at the same time... which is kind of a hassle when you have to switch back and forth. not to mention when tuning also (if your datalogging a run, you cant watch the afr's and let off when too lean; only seems to be a problem not tuning with something that is "real time")

If you going boosted or spraying a lot then go ecutune for sure.. 50 bux is worth not having issues with potentially dangerous timing issues.

just food for thought.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts